“A mixed bag” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Mirano
Wellington, New Zealand
“A mixed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Having come down with food poisoning the morning before arriving here I was not expecting to see much of Venice and more of the inside of the hotel room, which proved to be correct.

We stayed here as part of our package tour. The food served on arrival on Christmas Day was undercooked chicken. The breakfast on Boxing Day was a croissant that had been vacuum-packed. Very disappointing.

Had a very odd experience the following afternoon where I had decided to return to the hotel around 3pm to find all the doors were locked and no staff were on site. After calling the manager I was able to get her to come down and open up. Very, very odd - no explanation as to why nobody was around.

The redeeming feature of the hotel was the staff. While I was sick they had no hesitation in providing me with whatever I needed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Stayed here during the "Venice" part of the European holiday. It was a nice hotel, out of the way, but still easy to get down to the marina for the half hour boat ride to Venice.

There isn't really anything close by, so you are limited to the hotel restaurant if you fancy a bite. We ate while in Venice and only had breakfast at the hotel. I wasn't very happy with any hotel breakfasts while in Italy. They weren't terrible, just not a lot of variety. There were some outside seating areas in the hotel courtyard which were great for relaxing and having a coffee after a full day of walking and exploring!

We had the best gelato during the Italy trip in Venice - a little shop that is found to the left of Bascilica de San Marco (if you are facing the church with your back to Piazza San Marco). The lemon flavour was to die for!!

The rooms at the hotel were comfortable and clean - nothing flash. Small but functional bathroom (especially if you're in to the whole bidet thing!).

Note: When it Italy, whatever you do, don't pull the cord that hangs from the ceiling in the showers!! Luckily we didn't, but we did ask what they were for. It's an alarm to pull if you fall over, etc. in the shower and it alerts emergency services!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We were staying in this hotel for 3 nights. We were 4 people and occupied the double-room apartment. We were going to visit Venice and Padova and this was one of the cheapest hotels we found in the vicinity of these cities. The location of the hotel is very convenient to reach by car both cities Venice and Padova as well as the beach in Chioggia Sottomarina. The service in the hotel is very good. The staff of the hotel is very polite and considerate. The apartments we occupied were nice, clean, with air-condition, etc. In the morning and in the evening one can stay outside in the nice little yard to drink a coffee or to relax after hot day. So, we were happy with our choice of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
munich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

we were a group with 46 persons, staying from 3 July to 4 July . I do not know how much the agent has dealed with them to pay, probably for "free", since we have been served with "dirty dishes" (not controlled after dish washers?) on the food table and only with toast for breakfast. A 3 Stars hotel breakfast is NOT.

I feel like a "beggler" in this hotel. If there is enough quantity, we do not mind either once have only "TOAST" . But first we have to wait 15 minutes longer as it planed to go in the restaurant, then with dirty dishes and less food (e.x 30 pcs Toast for 46 guest). then another 3 minutes waiting for another 30 pcs Toast coming. then another 3 minutes waiting.... what a way to treat their customer? I went to reception and complain about it. The first sentence from the personal is "I do not trust you". I was shocked with this "horrible reaction". Why should I lie to him? if his personal are not ready to work faster and better, it is very Possible. So I asked him, please come and see by yourself, then you will understand what I mean! He shaked his head and said " i do not want to see". After 3 more minutes argue with him, he started to move his hand and pushed me ( a woman) out of the lobby, since I am "loud" .... well, they should have a personal with better language ability and "work ability" to present his hotel. I will never advise anyone come to this Hotel. NOT AT ALL.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

This hotel is rather isolated from the main city, but we were only here for a night so the room quality was of utmost importance. I was pleased with the cleanliness of the room and how spacious it was. The shower room was also nice and spacious, but the hair dryer was like a vacuum! It wasn't very powerful.

• Stayed September 2010
Oxted, Surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

I always rely upon Trip Advisor to give me reviews about hotels but unfortunately all the reviews for this hotel were in Italian (which I don't speak ) so I wasn't pre-warned about what to expect.

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere with only supermarkets and a restaurant within walking distance. It is situated on the side of a busy road so if you are unlucky enough to get a front room it will be noisy.

My room was luckily at the back but it was small and cramped and you could only just get round the end of the bed. The furniture was matching but very basic and there were just plain scuffed walls in the room - no pictures. The floor was marble tiled and the room cold as the heating only works when the card is in the slot inside the door.

The bathroom was a reasonable size but the pole holding the shower was broken so you had to dangle the shower head from the soap rack - it was extremely lucky I am not very tall! One side of the shower screen collapsed inwards on my last day and would only stay upright if the two sides were joined together.

The men running the front reception / bar never smiled and they made a meal out of anything requested of them. I unfortunately lost the plastic room card and they charged me 20 euros to replace it!!!

The bar, which was meant to stay open for as long as residents wanted it to, was a joke. Once when I asked for a drink they had no glasses left and another time when I asked for three glasses of wine they told me they only had two!

• Stayed February 2009
Staffordshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

There is a bus stop outside the hotel which takes you to a bus station approximatley 2 km away to join a connecting bus which takes you into Venice. This journey takes approx 45 minutes, coming back the buses are rather in frequent and there is no immediate connection for the bus going back to the hotel. You have a choice of walking in an isolated area or waiting for an hour or sofor the connecting bus. There are only 2 taxis serving the whole the region. The hotel is very poor, many of my party were kept awake by neighbouring dog kennels and a ground floor bar/resturant which had music playing into the early hours. The staff do not smile, and the food is just about edible, tea/coffee comes from a hospital waiting room style machine. Have stayed in many basic hotels but this was particularly bad.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo

Been to Eurhotel Mirano? Share your experiences!