My husband and I stayed at Sienna House for 3 nights in September 2012 while holidaying in Italy/France and we are still talking about it... particularly when anyone asks us that question "What was the highlight of your trip?".
Siena House came highly recommended to us by some good friends of ours. I am also one of those people who literally spends hours "researching" the best places to stay (within our budget) when we go on holidays. What we'd heard/read made us blow the budget when it came to this place and we are so glad that it did. Siena House was beyond our expectations.
Perhaps the delay in writing this review is that it's difficult to describe in words the Siena House experience. "Unforgettable" would come close - from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart. Perfect location, excellent hospitality, incredible attention to detail, delicious home-made breakfasts (including great coffees!), luxurious and spacious accommodation set in breath-taking surrounds. As has been said, Amanda and Malvin are the greatest of hosts: warm, welcoming, attentive and approachable whilst giving you plenty of space. Their knowledge/advice regarding the local area was so appreciated too. We especially loved being provided with the GPS (including directions on where to park when visiting the surrounding towns). They have thought of everything.
During our stay we got out and explored Tuscany during the day (Would probably stay and enjoy what the house has to offer a bit more next time!). In addition to the excellent tips from Malvin and Amanda for where to go/what to do, we used the fantastic little card-pack located at the house called "Village Walks: Tuscany" which suggests short walking routes for when you are visiting nearby towns/villages. They were a great way to see things you might otherwise miss. We would then come back to enjoy the most spectacular sunsets with a glass of local wine. It was also wonderful to be able to use the guest kitchen to cook a meal if you wanted to or to simply prepare a snack using some of local ingredients purchased during the day combined with fresh ingredients from the vegetable/herb garden at the house. Another highlight for us was wine-tasting in Montalcino at "Poggio Antico Vineyard" (see separate review) as recommended by Malvin. The Brunello wine was incredible!
This is definitely THE place to base yourself for a stay in Tuscany. We will be back and have already been recommending Siena House to anyone we know travelling to Italy.
Thank you again Amanda and Malvin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely old Tuscany on the outside, easy modern living within. Playful, functional and comfortable. Imagine the dream home that Holly Golightly and Peter Rabbit might share... and you've got the feel of the place ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Siena House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siena House Hotel Torrita Di Siena
- Siena House Province Of Siena/Torrita Di Siena, Italy