In all my travels, I haven't found another hotel like this. Lupaia was exquisite, stunningly beautiful--grounds, rooms and surrounding area--but situated in the countryside for tranquility. We were looking for a "Luxury Agroturismo" and that is exactly what we got. The rooms are up to par--and certainly more beautiful--than any four or five star hotel. Our party of three stayed at the "Tadema" room, which was beautifully decorated (they all are), and had a stunning view of the valley and Montepulciano. All amenities were great: The shower fantastic, two sinks (one actually in the bedroom, one in the bathroom), two levels (our daughter stayed "upstairs" in her own bed), lovely, crisp sheets and a mini-fridge constantly stocked with water and juices, which are free and indispensable in the heat. Breakfast is served every morning in the main common area and is exquisite: Fresh fruits, local cheese and delicious pastries and treats prepared by chef Claudia, who is as charming as she is talented, helped by Cristina who is another charming person. You can order fresh cappuccinos with breakfast. If you choose to have dinner, you will eat some of your best Italian gourmet meals, cooked on the spot by chef Frank. Owner Matteo and manager Christine could not have been nicer or more accommodating during our four-day stay (plus Dory came to the rescue the one day we didn't have a car). We will most certainly be back.
I should note that Lupaia is in the middle of the Tuscan farmland, which means close to restaurants and to several towns, but most certainly not in the middle of a city. You need a car to get around. It is the countryside, so some bugs come with the territory. Finally, the 2.5 drive from the main road is very easy, but make sure you get your instructions right or you'll get lost the first time. Yes, your car will get dusty, but who cares? A great room and experience awaits you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the rolling hills of Tuscany, set between Montepulciano and Pienza, this small Borgo features a unique combination of nature and history, blended in total harmony. Set on a small hilltop, Hotelito Lupaia offers enchanting views over the surrounding hills and medieval villages from all its charming rooms and suites. Each accommodation has an independent entrance and either a private terrace or garden, featuring all modern comfort, while being unique in its style, decoration and details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Hotelito Lupaia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotelito Lupaia Hotel Montepulciano
- Hotelito Lupaia Province Of Siena/Torrita Di Siena, Italy