“Get the American hot if you like a good kick” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #267 of 1,380 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Thai
Danielson, Connecticut
“Get the American hot if you like a good kick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The American hot was the perfect amount of spice for someone who likes spicy food. The spice didn't linger too long afterwards so it was easy to keep eating. The wonton soup wasn't that great, kind of plain. The drunken noodle was delicious, but the chicken was a bit dry. The green peppers were perfect to counteract the spice. Overall it was good and I would come again, but I have nothing to compare it to in the Richmond area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“not fancy but real tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

So I gave Chadar a second try, and liked it much better. I ordered the steamed spring rolls (they are huge), which come with a delicious peanut sauce. Next I tried the chicken coconut soup. It was a little sweet with a tad of bitterness, and pretty flavorful with the mushrooms, cilantro and onions. Finally I sampled the chicken cashew: a mix of broccoli, carrots, scallions, onions in a slightly sweet sauce with 2 (instead of the usual 1) scoops of white rice. It's quite mild so just throw some dry crushed cayenne peppers on it. All in all, Chadar has good reasonably priced thai food.

Visited June 2012
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Loved the red curry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I went here with a group of friends and we all simply loved our food. We all ordered different things to eat and our meals came in the most beautiful classic dishes. The atmosphere was enjoyable, the decor beautiful and the staff pleasant. I will certainly return. .

Visited March 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Best thai restaurant in Richmond!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I've lived here for many years now and have eaten at almost every thai restaurant in the Richmond area. Chadar thai is easy to miss because it's location is not that great but the food makes up for it. The service is wonderful and food is always served fresh and is very flavorful.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
richmond/nova
“great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

Always good food and great service. The family who owns the restaurant is very sweet, they are from Laos, (one of my friend's parents used to own the viet restaurant that was there but their family moved and then we decided to try out this place) Since we go in there so much they sometimes give us some mango and sticky rice or fried bananas for dessert for free! Their thai tea is not to miss either. I love their fish with the chili sauce, but it is a large portion so I always share. Their crying tiger is a fave among my friends too!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere