“best fish tacos ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarrant's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,380 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Foushee
Description: Tarrant's Cafe is situated in the Richmond Old and Historic District. It was an important corner bringing drugstore services to nearby residents for over eighty years spanning the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. 130 years later this building is bringing neighborhood service to Richmond’s community with an upscale but affordable restaurant: Tarrants Cafe.
Richmond, Virginia
“best fish tacos ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Service is great too! EVERYTHING Ive had here is good! Carb Soup - unbelievable! Specials are great as well. A must experience in Richmond!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great meal in downtown Richmond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food and service is excellent. One of my favorite items on the menu is the She Crab Soup. Nothing like it!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Virginia
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love the atmosphere and everything I have ever had here was really good. One of my favorites!
I always have a good experience, love the eggs benedict!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
richmond
“Food really hits the spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I used to live on the same block as this restaurant so I ate there often. Anytime I wasn't in the mood to cook or go pick up food, they were my go-to delivery people. I've had their burgers, pizza, crab soup, mushroom burger, among other items. I've only experienced one time where I had to wait forever for my food and they gave it to me for free, even though it was a busy friday night.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glen Allen, Virginia
“One of our favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If shrimp and grits is your weakness, then Tarrant's Café is for you! The texture of their grits is great and their lobster cream sauce bathing the shrimp is sublime. Their crab cakes, shrimp tacos and she crab soup is also fabulous and although I tell myself next visit I will have them, I find I cannot resist the shrimp and grits. On weekends, there is valet parking which is a plus since it is downtown. I would not consider this a child friendly venue; it is both crowded and noisy, not to mention a menu geared to a more mature palate.

• Visited April 2013