“Great Place for Sunday Brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Great Place for Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

This was our second time at Can Can for Sunday brunch, and it was even better than I remembered. On our first trip, we waited over an hour for a table, so this time, I made an online reservation. We arrived a few minutes early, and we were seated right away. Service was friendly and prompt, and within minutes, we had large steaming cups of cappucino in front of us. My husband had bananas foster french toast - more like a bread pudding, with a vanilla sauce, carmelized bananas, served in a pool of banana liqueur. Yum! He ate every bite. I had the lemon poppy seed pancakes with cranberry compote, orange sauce, and candied almonds. So So Good!! The order included FIVE thin pancakes, stacked on top of each other. Total bill, which also included fresh squeezed orange juice and a side order of sausage, was only $38. If I lived in Richmond, I'd be back at Can Can next weekend, ordering those pancakes again!

Visited February 2012

Richmond, Virginia
“Sophistication and Ambience Takes You Far from Ordinary Richmond!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

The atmosphere, decor, and food are lovely, although pricey. I haven't eaten there in awhile!

Chevy Chase, MD
“Fabulous ambiance and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Hard to believe, this restaurant feels and tastes almost like the real thing in Paris.

Visited January 2012
Richmond, VA
“Great place for dinner in Carytown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Instant hit as soon as it opened. Food is very good and atmosphere is wonderful. Only criticism I would have is the service is slow and the restaurant tends to be very loud.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fabulous bar!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The atmosphere takes your breath away. It really feels like you have entered Paris in a bygone era. Well, since I haven't been to Paris, maybe it really looks as good as this restaurant. We ordered a forgettable appetizer but the martinis were fine. Honestly, even the ladies room was beautiful. I don't know if the food lives up to the setting though.

Visited October 2011