“Lucky Locals Live Near Maldini's” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Ruther Glen, Virginia
“Lucky Locals Live Near Maldini's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I recently visited Maldini's, on the south side of the James River. It's in a quiet neighborhood area. We were all satisfied with the quality and variety of our lunches.

The decor is similar to many neighbohood restaurants with a bar. Decent, but not stellar as far as that goes. However, we all commented repeatedly on the high quaity of our meals. The waiter (manager?) was professional and eager to please.

I devoured an Italian style very slow roasted 1/2 Cornish Game Hen with oven roasted rosemary potatoes seasoned with sea salt and olive oil. It was juicy and toothsome steal for just $10. Even so, I added an ala carte mixed salad and San Pelligrino to round out my meal.

While chatting with the waiter, he commented that their seafood purveyor provides Maldini's with the freshest never frozen seafood within one hour of arrival at the seafood shop. Kudos for that attention to detail. Management is on top of their business and interested in quality, customer care and repeat business.

My companions ordered pasta lunch specials for $10 each. These consisted of a salad, a glass of beer wine or a soda plus your choice of any fresh house pasta in a lunch sized portion. This is a very good value because at least 20 different fresh home made pasta sauces are made daily. I tasted both pastas and liked themequally. Classic Italian, simply and precisely done.....

Several days after our visit, my son in law ordered the Maldini's 28? inch football game size size pizza for his buddies. He said was tasty and fed a small army as they watched a game on TV.

For the neignborhod niche market, Maldini's is well worth a try. It's on our radar for repeat visits and should be on yours too.

• Visited August 2012

Maryland
“One of my favorite spots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Now I'll admit I have only had the pizza, but I stop in for a personal pizza once a week and I love this place. Jason, the manager, is a great guy, works super hard, and always asks after my family. The staff is friendly and hardworking and the food is terrific. Absolutely consistant, with fresh ingredients and ready quickly, and how many places have Peroni on draft. I look forward to "pizza night" all week. When I have a larger group, I certainly intend to sit down to a larger meal. I'm looking forward to trying the risotto.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Don't order delivery.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

1 hour and 20 minutes for 1 pizza and chicken fingers. When it finally arrived the pizza was cold and the chicken fingers soggy.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Wilson, North Carolina
“Excellent Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Just finished dinner at Maldini's in Richmond. Our table enjoyed pizza, Stromboli and several pasta dishes - all were excellent. Service was also quite good. Jason, the manager, stopped by several times to make sure everything was satisfactory. Overall an excellent and reasonably priced dining experience.

• Visited May 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Generations of Goodness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

My wife, her mother and I enjoy meals from Maldini's. Whether its dining in or picking up or delivery through their on-line service their cuisine is always good. The meat dishes plus vegetarian fare isconsistently good. I recommend the eggplant parmigiana and my wife likes the clams in white wine sauce. We have also tried other pasta dishes which are worth the price.

Visited March 2012