“College Visits” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
West Chester, Pennsylvania, Usa
“College Visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My son has been accepted to University of Richmond. This hotel was about ten minutes away from the school and has a great breakfast. The rooms where clean and comfortable. The road is close, no noise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
East Greenville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

What a great place to stay on our last night of vacation! We were warmly welcomed as we entered and surprisingly advised that we were given a complimentary upgrade in our room. The spacious suite was decorated beautifully, including a bar sink, comfortable seating, a desk, and TV in the sitting area. The bedroom itself was equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, TV, and lots of space. The hot breakfast was nicely done. Even though it was a busy Sunday morning, the staff in the breakfast area were pleasant and very helpful. Great coffee...not served in the hot pots, but rather one gets it right from the coffee machine. So it was piping hot and delicious. If we pass through this area again, we will be sure to stay at Governor's Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Nina L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. My staff takes pride in providing a great guest experience and I am thrilled that we could exceed your expectations with our comfortable guest suite. I'm glad you found our deluxe continental breakfast to your satisfaction. Our breakfast attendants do a great job making sure guests leave full and happy and I'll be glad to pass on your kind comments. Thank you again for your awesome review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I've been traveling a lot to ft Jackson and ft lee. Over the past month I've been in 3 other hotels in the Richmond area that are comparable in price to this one. This hotel was built with space in mind. I got a room with 2 queen size beds and the room was huge compared to the other hotels I stayed at, in the Richmond area. Needed more towels, called the front desk and Joseph the manager had them sent up to the room right away. Staff was great. All of them where very friendly. If you want a clean, spacious and friendly experience stay here. I really don't have nothing bad to say for the price.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Wirespider,

Thank you very much for your review! I am glad you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and amenities we have to offer. Our staff takes pride in providing great customer service and we really appreciate your comments. I'm glad we could meet your needs and hope to see you on your next visit.

Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel was an excellent spot for my family and me. It's excellent having a hot breakfast with spacious rooms. Having a refrigerator and microwave in our room was very helpful. I do recommend this hotel to others staying in this area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear travelerOHPA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review! We are glad that you had a pleasurable stay here with us and we are pleased that you enjoyed the comfort and amenities we have to offer. We are happy that we were able to provide you with a first-rate guest experience and we thank you for the recommendation.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Sumter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had to leave the Comfort Inn, they gave us smoking rooms. The room we stayed in was smelly, we had to put a sheet on the chair, and there were cracks and stains on the walls and the carpet. After, spending a miserable night, I went down to the Best Western. Mr. Joyce and his staff were very professional. They found us rooms and recommended an excellent restaurant. We were very pleased with our stay and plan to make the Best Western chain our choice of hotel when we have to travel. Again, Mr. Joyce and his staff went far above and beyond their duties.

Room Tip: We had rooms on both floors, they were all excellent.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joseph J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Kenneth B,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm pleased you found your stay here with us enjoyable. I'm happy we could meet your needs and thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff prides itself on providing a great experience for our guests and I can't wait to pass on your kind words to them.

Thanks again for your great feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

chilhowie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great place to stay. The building and rooms are very attractive. We have stayed here several years during the state basketball tourney. The staff was excellent and very friendly. We were placed in the second building because of the loud music from the night-club. The first main buuilding also had a strong smokers odor. Ask to be placed in the second building out at the pool.
Driving into Richmond and back is a chore because of the toll booths. Unless youi are familar with them you might miss them because of the fast traffic. Then youi might get a ticket. Trying to get to them at night is even worse unless you are familar with the roads.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed in the 2nd building. No loud music and no smoke odor. Beware of toll booths that c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I travel on my job and it is important for me to find a property that is safe secure and to make my "bean counters" at work happy, a good value. Beat Western Governor's Inn in Richmond is that place for me. Joe Joyce and staff go all out to be sure all of their guest have totally satisfying
experience. The rooms are clean and spacious, the bed's comfort is perfect, the rooms exude a kind of Colonial Class, hence the name Governor's Inn.I have now stayed at least 6 times and multiple nights and so far it has been and is Always a Great Stay.

Room Tip: The swimming pool is located in the rear building area so keep that I mind when making a reservation...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn? Share your experiences!