“A Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Like several other reviewers, we had difficulty finding the entrance (it's a driveway between the shopping center and an Asian restaurant). We chose this property based on other reviews and affordable prices. The rooms are large, clean and well-appointed. Staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We plan to return in the Spring.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear David B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're glad you eventually found us (..as we are a little off the beaten path..) and we're pleased that you found your stay with us enjoyable and the amenities to your satisfaction. Thank you for mentioning our clean and spacious rooms; we pride ourselves on our ability to provide comfortable accommodations for our guests. I'm also happy to pass on your compliments to our front desk staff. We're delighted to be considered "a hidden gem" in your book. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit in the spring.

Joseph Joyce

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
the villages florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

It was a bit difficult to find the entrance to the motel, but once found a very nice stay Breakfast was also not the most available,the biscuits and gravy did not look too welcoming. The people that checked us in and out were very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

St. Ignace MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very clean, reasonably priced, friendly staff, excellent location for my needs. Have stayed there numerous times in the past. My intention is to return again in January for one or two nights and most likely again in April.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We recently stays at the Best Western Plus Governor's Inn in Richmond, VA and we were pleasantly surprised with the stay! When we walked into our room we were amazed at the sizeof the room. It was enormous! The room was extremely clean, including the bathroom. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast including eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, and much, much more! The location was very convenient and yet it was slightly off the road, so no traffic noise to deal with. There was lots of exposed brick in the hallways which was very beautiful and charming.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are the best.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I hae stayed in many hotels but this one was a great surprise to me. The decor of the hotel was outstanding --very historical like Richmond and Williamsburg. The rooms are furnished in the same decor and make you feel cozy and protected in Richmond. Joe and his staff are so wonderful. Whenever I call they try to accomodate my needs whether I call a week in advance or the same day. It is a pleasure staying there and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet,peaceful, cozy place to rest. The beds were huge and comfortable and everything in the room was spotless. It is a well-lit facility and you can park right in front of your room. i can't say enough about how safe I feel when I am there. I really appreciate Joe and how sensitive he is to the guest's needs and wants. It is a great place.!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the other building with the pool are quieter and cozier. They are my favorite.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was close to whom I was visiting in Richmond. What a surprise I got
When I finally arrived. A beautiful lobby with brick walls and moldings in the ceiling,but the best
thing was that my room in the annex on the first floor had a bay window brick walls and a ceiling
like the lobby. The room was very quite the mattress just the way I like them. Secure entrance to
building and room. The breakfast couldn't be better.

Elkton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have stayed in hotels all across the country, int his chain and others, and this one was a wonderful find in so many ways. I loved the great brick walls in our room, and it was perfectly, completely clean. The beds were comfortable, and unlike so many places today, you didn't feel squished into a little box. What stood out most of all, however, was the wonderful attitude of the staff. Everyone was welcoming and nice. I knew I found a jewel when the Houseman offered help when I was cleaning up a mess in my car trunk (thank you Sam)! You can't go wrong if you stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn? Share your experiences!