“Beautiful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 82 hotels in Richmond
Richmond, Virginia
“Beautiful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I hae stayed in many hotels but this one was a great surprise to me. The decor of the hotel was outstanding --very historical like Richmond and Williamsburg. The rooms are furnished in the same decor and make you feel cozy and protected in Richmond. Joe and his staff are so wonderful. Whenever I call they try to accomodate my needs whether I call a week in advance or the same day. It is a pleasure staying there and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet,peaceful, cozy place to rest. The beds were huge and comfortable and everything in the room was spotless. It is a well-lit facility and you can park right in front of your room. i can't say enough about how safe I feel when I am there. I really appreciate Joe and how sensitive he is to the guest's needs and wants. It is a great place.!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the other building with the pool are quieter and cozier. They are my favorite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was close to whom I was visiting in Richmond. What a surprise I got
When I finally arrived. A beautiful lobby with brick walls and moldings in the ceiling,but the best
thing was that my room in the annex on the first floor had a bay window brick walls and a ceiling
like the lobby. The room was very quite the mattress just the way I like them. Secure entrance to
building and room. The breakfast couldn't be better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Elkton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have stayed in hotels all across the country, int his chain and others, and this one was a wonderful find in so many ways. I loved the great brick walls in our room, and it was perfectly, completely clean. The beds were comfortable, and unlike so many places today, you didn't feel squished into a little box. What stood out most of all, however, was the wonderful attitude of the staff. Everyone was welcoming and nice. I knew I found a jewel when the Houseman offered help when I was cleaning up a mess in my car trunk (thank you Sam)! You can't go wrong if you stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Estes Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Comfortable, clean room with brick wall accents and trayed ceiling. It was nice to have a room that did not look like an office cubicle. Everything in the room worked, the carpet was clean, and all the edges and corners had been dusted. The hallways were clean and well lit. Parking was ample and convenient. Good suburban location with lots of nearby restaurants and shopping centers. The only minor issue -- and this is a comment, not a complaint -- is that the hotel sits off the main road. This minimizes highway noise (a plus!), but it's hard to find the entrance driveway, especially if you are arriving headed toward downtown (going northeast). The Best Western sign is small and low -- difficult to see from the opposite side of the road.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main (lobby) wing can get some bass music noise from the club/bar. Ask for rooms in th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. The entire staff is friendly and efficient. This was our third stay and won't be our last. The rooms are large and well-equipped/furnished. Breakfast area was so very clean (thank you Penny and Lauren) as were the common areas. We visit family in the area and have tried a handful of other chain hotels which were simply not worth the money. We are so very glad we found this gem and need look no further for our home away from home.

Room Tip: There are two separate buildings here. Breakfast is on the ground floor of the 3-story building wh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in hotels all over the country and I have to say this one was unique! The hotel was built to appear older. It was fabulous! We loved the brick and stone walls in our room! Great location, great service! We would stay here again and would refer this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012
Macon, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We spent the night after a high school reunion and wanted a hotel near the site. we found this Best Western which was about 4 miles away,and were very pleased. It sits a good ways off Midlothian Turnpike,so our room was very quiet. It was a bigger than normal hotel room with a King bed,desk and chair, large chair and footstool,microwave,refrigerator,and TV. Everything in the room and bath was very clean. The sink and vanity is separated from the main room & the commode and tub so my wife could do makeup,while I was taking a hot shower. Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was in a very large room with plenty of tables. We had scrambled eggs,sausage,yogurt,make your own waffles,4 different cereals,fresh fruit, juice and coffees,and biscuits,bagels and danish. More than ample servings,and the lady was there restocking and cleaning tables and counters. Both Joe the manager, a maintenance worker and a front desk clerk as well as the breakfast lady were all very personable,greeting us,making sure we had no problems and had a good stay. When I return to Richmond for my next reunion,this will be my hotel to stay in. I recommend this to anyone needing a hotel on the Southside of Richmond. There are many restaurants nearby,and the Chesterfield Mall is a few minutes away.

Room Tip: Had a great room on the top floor--I recommend this if possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn? Share your experiences!