“Friendly people, Great service” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$25 Off Suites
Ranked #12 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Elkton, Virginia
“Friendly people, Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have stayed in hotels all across the country, int his chain and others, and this one was a wonderful find in so many ways. I loved the great brick walls in our room, and it was perfectly, completely clean. The beds were comfortable, and unlike so many places today, you didn't feel squished into a little box. What stood out most of all, however, was the wonderful attitude of the staff. Everyone was welcoming and nice. I knew I found a jewel when the Houseman offered help when I was cleaning up a mess in my car trunk (thank you Sam)! You can't go wrong if you stay here.

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Estes Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Comfortable, clean room with brick wall accents and trayed ceiling. It was nice to have a room that did not look like an office cubicle. Everything in the room worked, the carpet was clean, and all the edges and corners had been dusted. The hallways were clean and well lit. Parking was ample and convenient. Good suburban location with lots of nearby restaurants and shopping centers. The only minor issue -- and this is a comment, not a complaint -- is that the hotel sits off the main road. This minimizes highway noise (a plus!), but it's hard to find the entrance driveway, especially if you are arriving headed toward downtown (going northeast). The Best Western sign is small and low -- difficult to see from the opposite side of the road.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main (lobby) wing can get some bass music noise from the club/bar. Ask for rooms in th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. The entire staff is friendly and efficient. This was our third stay and won't be our last. The rooms are large and well-equipped/furnished. Breakfast area was so very clean (thank you Penny and Lauren) as were the common areas. We visit family in the area and have tried a handful of other chain hotels which were simply not worth the money. We are so very glad we found this gem and need look no further for our home away from home.

Room Tip: There are two separate buildings here. Breakfast is on the ground floor of the 3-story building wh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in hotels all over the country and I have to say this one was unique! The hotel was built to appear older. It was fabulous! We loved the brick and stone walls in our room! Great location, great service! We would stay here again and would refer this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012
Macon, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We spent the night after a high school reunion and wanted a hotel near the site. we found this Best Western which was about 4 miles away,and were very pleased. It sits a good ways off Midlothian Turnpike,so our room was very quiet. It was a bigger than normal hotel room with a King bed,desk and chair, large chair and footstool,microwave,refrigerator,and TV. Everything in the room and bath was very clean. The sink and vanity is separated from the main room & the commode and tub so my wife could do makeup,while I was taking a hot shower. Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was in a very large room with plenty of tables. We had scrambled eggs,sausage,yogurt,make your own waffles,4 different cereals,fresh fruit, juice and coffees,and biscuits,bagels and danish. More than ample servings,and the lady was there restocking and cleaning tables and counters. Both Joe the manager, a maintenance worker and a front desk clerk as well as the breakfast lady were all very personable,greeting us,making sure we had no problems and had a good stay. When I return to Richmond for my next reunion,this will be my hotel to stay in. I recommend this to anyone needing a hotel on the Southside of Richmond. There are many restaurants nearby,and the Chesterfield Mall is a few minutes away.

Room Tip: Had a great room on the top floor--I recommend this if possible.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Joe Joyce, the general manager, took excellent care of my family and I, made sure that we had everything we needed as well as he was extremely polite! We stayed for 3 nights and he made sure to hold conversations with us everyday and ask how we were doing. All of the staff were very friendly as well, including the woman running the breakfast room! We were by far impressed and definitely will return because of how Joe treated us, Thank you!!!!!

Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Joe Joyce, the manager, and the staff here go all out to make sure your entire stay is pleasant. Joe made sure I had everything I needed. He even called a local gym for me to check day rates. The motel itself is classy with wooden beam ceilings, large rooms with fridge and micro wave and comfortable beds.
I travel a lot on my job and a urban motel that is affordable and is not easy to find. Best Western Governor's Inn is a real modern day oasis as far as I'm concerned.

Room Tip: There are two sections to this location. It seems that either one is just as good as the other. The...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn? Share your experiences!