“Great Burgers” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers
Budapest, Hungary
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We enjoy visiting this restaurant whenever we are in Richmond. The menu has many options but we always go for the burgers. We usually only order the classic since it is so large. Add a basket of fries and it is all you can do to finish. The basic burgers are ordered and then you can select from about a dozen toppings to add. Hint: try the crushed garlic, it is great as a topping. If you have room, add a shake for dessert. Another reason this is one of our favorites is the music from the 50"s and 60"s is always playing.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Conway, South Carolina
“The Hype and Pictures get ya”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The pictures in the photo doesn't do any justice of how the place looks. The place is actually pretty neat and nice looking. Good atmosphere, except for the fact that there are pictures all around you. I think though, that is what gets you here. They challenge you to eat a pounder which is a huge burger for ridiculous amount of money; then they take a picture of you and put it on the wall. Nothing fancy or new but that's really all it is. Otherwise, their burgers are all overcooked and mediocre. However, their shakes are pretty good actually. Classic jar style.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Scatterbrained greasey deliciousness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

As with all kitschy franchisy places.. Photos of who ate the 1 pounder, old cut out of Elvis, Marilyn, Austin Powers. Late 60s music .... Added ambiance. Its fun and cute.

Patty melt ... Divine ... Love the toasted rye.... Semi serious burger... My own toppings make it mine and always delicious. Fries were a little dry and rings were thin and skimpy.

Waitress talked fast and seemed almost too rushed but it was noon 30 ish... So it was understandable.

Will return for a shake!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sandston, VA
“Never Again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Had occasion to be in the area. My wife said let's try this place. Boy were we sorry! The prices were ridiculous for hamburgers. Especially hamburgers that don't come with fries! A similar type hamburger restaurant has fries with their burgers. Oh ... did I mention that we had the veggie burgers and not real meat. The soda is provided in small glasses but the charges are large prices. The service was okay. They boast of all the combinations. of meals and drinks available. Maybe they should find a way to have a decent meal and drink for a good price. One more restaurant off my list of I'll be back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“So much anticipation, so little delivery, somewhat disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Being a resident of Texas I don't often get an opportunity to eat at Cheeburger Cheeburger, so I try to visit whenever the chance presents itself while traveling on business. I was in Richmond last week for a business trip and found myself in the vicinity of the location on Nuckols Road. I had dinner there after work and was looking forward to a nice big juicy burger and fries. The restaurant was extremely busy and very noisy, so it was difficult to hear the server when ordering. Not a problem though, I was ready for my much anticipated burger and ordered the "Delirious". I specifically requested that it be cooked medium with some pink and not to overcook it. I should have saved my breath because it didn't matter. The burger I got was cooked so thoroughly it was hard to bite into and was so dry it crumbled as I ate it. This won't prevent a return visit as I know this franchise usually produces high quality eats, but I was very disappointed in this visit and went away unsatisfied. Not sure if local health department regulations restrict cooking styles, but I prefer hot juicy burgers.

• Visited August 2012