“Mixed feelings” 3 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #23 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

On one hand the Fairfield was great. The rooms were large and comfortable, the service of the staff was great, the pool was fun. On the other hand the water temperature was a bit of a problem. It was either scalding hot or ice cold no middle ground which made giving my 9 month old daughter a bath very challenging. The staff was told about the issue at the start of our stay but had no other rooms to put us in that had a king bed so we dealt with it as best we could. They did say they would have some one come fix it asap.

• Stayed May 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear twobrooksfarm,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm so sorry that you ran into issues with the water temperature during your visit - our maintenance team takes such problems very seriously and we appreciate your feedback so as to avoid similar matters in the future. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. I am glad, however, that you rated us highly in every other area and that you enjoyed our amenities and guest service. Again, I'd like to apologize and hope that you will give us another opportunity on your next trip to Richmond.

(434) 822-2161

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Texarkana, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a horrible experience in Charlottesville at an Econo Lodge during UVA's graduation weekend and left early for Richmond to visit family. This Fairfield Inn was like a light at the end of the tunnel for us!!!!
These people are doing this RIGHT! They are updating and fixing things before needed! The desk staff are top notch! Wonderful people.
The breakfast area is spotless! That woman is to be commended for her excellent service!
Clean rooms, wonderful beds, CLEAN bathrooms, quiet hallways, great swimming pool! Great location from interstate and near restaurants.
I will stay here again when I visit my family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear jdelauder,

Thanks so much for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites and I'm delighted to read that you had a great stay with us after your previous visit to another hotel didn't meet your expectations. Our staff works hard to provide the best service they can and we really appreciate your kind words. I'm also happy that you found everything to be so clean and our amenities high quality. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay, hopefully soon!

Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had reservations at the Richmond Marriott for a weekend visit to Kings Dominion and changed to this property after finding out about the 5,000 point promotion for making two stays at a Fairfield Inn. I had no idea what to expect but was surprised right away. It started with the check-in, Randell was very helpful providing directions, insight about the local area (including sharing that showing your room card gives you a discount at the restaurant across the street).

The room had been recently renovated and had a computer desk with chair, mini-fridge and microwave, large flat-screen television, sitting chair, dresser and lots of closet space. The bathroom was well appointed with lots of extra towels.

Although not close to downtown Richmond, it is closed to lots of shopping and restaurants and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear gilbertgl,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Kings Dominion! I'm glad to hear that you could take advantage of our special promotion and that our staff was able to easily guide you around the local area. Thank you again and with summer just around the corner we hope to see you for another stay soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for a graduation I was attending at VCU.
Staff was extremely helpful, check in/out was a breeze.
The room was clean and to my surprise had a microwave & mini fridge (which was a huge plus).
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Gbaz13,

Thank you for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites and I hope you enjoyed the graduation while you were in town. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your in-room amenities and had a great stay overall. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit to the Richmond area!

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The hotel almost completed the renovations in the lobby. The rooms have recently been renovated and are really nice and comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpfull and kind. Breakfast was better than in most hotels. There was a variety of items (bagels, english muffins, cereals). There is free parking in front of the hotel.
Around the corner is a restaurant O'Charley. When staying at the hotel, you will get a 10% discount when you eat here.

Room Tip: The rooms with a lower number (e.g. 201/301) are very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear askok,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad that you found your guest room to be so nice and that our staff could take of your needs, as well as that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast so much. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in town!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel provided us with a comfortable stay while we were in Richmond for a wedding. Front desk staff were friendly, breakfasts had a good variety and new renovations made the hotel very up to date.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Liz M,

Thanks for your review and I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful. I'm also glad you liked our refreshed look. Thank you again and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here as a stopover on a trip home to MA from GA. We checked in late at night and were greeted by a very pleasant lady. The room was very clean and comfortable. Though we weren't there long enough to use them, there were a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was fresh and tasty and there was a good selection. Breakfast area was very clean and the women tending it were very pleasant. I'm pretty picky about hotels, and I really don't like to stay in them unless I have to, so if I think a place is clean, it really is! I will definitely stay here again if I wind up in the vicinity.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Lynne4t,

Thank you for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and found our staff very friendly and helpful. We try to provide as clean a stay as possible so I'm delighted that we were able to meet your standards! Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you when you're in the Richmond area.

Daly Seven, Inc

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Northwest? Share your experiences!