“Service was excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grace Manor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
Grace Manor Inn
1853 West Grace St., Richmond, VA 23220   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Richmond B&B and Inns
“Service was excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Everything about the trip to Grace Manor Inn was wonderful. From the excellent service to the delicious food, the beautiful house, and free Carytown Cupcakes, we had a wonderful time. The Carriage House suite is modern with just enough antique touches to preserve the original look and feel of Historical Richmond. The main house is very well preserved in the Historical fashion, and maintains original pieces from the time. The owners and their yorkies are delightful and very conscientious to meet their guests needs.

• Stayed December 2012

488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was not only our first Bead&Breakfast, but the first time I had been able to really spend time with my husband in four or five months. He arrived in Fort Lee a week or so ago with the Navy and we absolutely could not have asked for anything better! The house itself is gorgeous; antiques, original chandeliers, actually read books (not just bought for looks), and breath taking works of art. Set in a great area! Close to W Cary Street for lovely local shopping and eateries, also Albert and Dawn's Cupcake Boutique! Theater, Arts, History centers and museums all very close by. And if you want to just take a walk go for it, the area is absolutely beautiful and rich with history. Albert is the most fantastic host and Dawn is so pleasant. They really made our stay the most perfect and we are so grateful for their hospitality. Even the other guests were great and we all had the most wonderful conversations over the to die for three course breakfast! Their house keeping staff is not only thorough but very nice. Last, but not least, Bear and Peanut, their two Yorkies, are the cutest little things in the world! They are very friendly, and if you are in the least bit worried about dog hair, don't be. I didn't see a bit of it anywhere, and a Navy uniform is very good white glove! My husband pet them and made friends...nothing, not even on his pea coat which tends to pick up anything and everything! Going to Richmond? Stay here!

Room Tip: The Short Suite, which is the one we stayed in, is just a bit smaller than the other two suites. I p...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We spent two nights at the Grace Manor Inn as a romantic getaway and a home base for exploring Richmond. The guest rooms and common areas are beautiful - the inn keepers take obvious joy in their roles as hosts and preservationists. Breakfast is exquisite. We appreciated the restaurant list and recommendations for local activities, which helped us plan a relaxing and memorable weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just returned from a Sisters Weekend in Richmond, which was made even more special by the wonderful hospitality of the innkeepers at Grace Manor Inn. The house is beautiful, and there is room for everyone to socialize together, or to relax privately in its suites and public rooms. If you like high ceilings, original woodwork, floors and fixtures, this is the place for you. The breakfasts were delicious and inspiring - I plan to try to make shirred eggs for company this weekend because Albert explained how it's done so well that I feel confident I can bring it off. If you're headed to Richmond, and looking for a very special experience, make this your place to stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Fenster-Davis Suite, and I recommend it highly for beauty and comfort.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've stayed here on my own for business as well as for pleasure with my significant other. They've got special rates for business travelers, and if you're on the road as often as I am, this has it all over staying at a hotel.
This really is the place to stay. If you're wavering between this and another place, stay here. You will not second-guess your choice. It has turn-of-the century elegance in modern day -- nothing looks shabby or faded as is sometimes the case at B&Bs that try to preserve a more traditional charm. From the gorgeous period furniture to the luxurious fabrics and window treatments, you just kind of want to wander around the house, drink it all in, and imagine you are wearing an outfit borrowed from Lady Mary of Downtown Abbey.
One thing that's definitely modern, though -- the bed. I can't remember ever feeling so comfortable in a bed that wasn't my own. Very cozy and supportive; easy to relax in but didn't wake up with the tweaks in my back that too-soft mattress sometimes cause. I also loved the claw-foot tub and the fact that they provide you with bubble bath to use in it.
And if you are a food person, you'll love waking up to Albert's breakfast. A lot of B&B's I've gone to have a kind of self-serve atmosphere going, which is fine of course, but there's something wonderful about the table service way Albert does it. It's a three-course gourmet meal (the final course is a cupcake from his wife's delicious shop -- I found myself looking forward to that course very specifically when I made a return trip recently), and the way Albert serves his guest has all of the luxury of finer things, but no stuffiness or stiffness, which frankly I would not be interested in first thing in the morning.
Whenever I stay at the Grace Manor Inn, I feel like I've indulged in something special for myself. You really ought to see it for yourself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toano, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a Beautiful home located very near monument avenue. We were served excellent breakfasts both mornings. The home is very clean and well preserved. The innkeepers are a lovely couple who would go out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We were given a list of recommended restaurants; we tried two and loved them. These restaurants were unfamiliar to us and we would not have given them a second thought if not for the innkeepers recommendations. We will definitely return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We just spent 3 nights in Richmond at the lovely B & B Grace Manor Inn. Richmond turned out to be a very pretty and interesting town: lots of history, excellent art, really really good restaurants. The inn is charming, well run by delightful hosts, who provide lovely breakfast (good serves - not too much, but filling for a day of sightseeing). Really our only slight negative is that breakfast at 9am is a little late for our taste, but others will disagree. We had very pleasant company at breakfast with the other guests at the time. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Be aware that you have to climb a couple of flights of stairs to your room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grace Manor Inn? Share your experiences!