“Perfect in all aspects....” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 1,275 restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Fleming's Richmond, VA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at the Stony Point Fashion Park in Stony Point, near West End Richmond and Tuckahoe.
New York City, New York
“Perfect in all aspects....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I dined at the Richmond location on a Saturday evening. We had reservations for 8:30 and were seated on time. The dining room itself is very nice with lots of hardwoods and nice furniture. There is a full length bar as well. After being seated we were greeted by a very friendly and knowledgeable server. She immediately brought us ice water and bread for the table. The bread and two dips that came with it were delicious. We ordered the french onion soup and the Wedge salad. Both were flavorful and a good size. Our main courses were both filets prepared medium. They were tender, juicy, very flavorful, and cooked to perfection. All the steaks are prepared simply with salt and cracked pepper which I personally love. The sides we ordered were the garlic mashed potatoes and the creamed spinach. Both sides were absolutely delicious, served at the right temperature and were of sufficient size to share. The meal itself was awesome and the service was truly spectacular. We never once had to ask for anything. The entire staff was very professional and attentive. The noise level of the place was perfect, not too loud at all. The prices are in line with a good steakhouse which was great considering the food, service, and overall experience was truly fantastic. If you are in Richmond and enjoy a great steak with great service, absolutely give Fleming's a try. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012

76% Recommend
Midlothian, Virginia
“10th Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Excellent experience for our 10th Anniversary. Food as usual was great and so was our wine flight which is highly suggested so that you can have 3 different types of wines. My wife and I both got the Filet, potatoes, and creamed spinach and could have licked our plates clean, but obviously did not.
From the moment we walked in the door we had excellent service. I would say much like Disney type of service if you know what I mean. The manager came over to say Happy Anniversary. They also took a picture and put it in a cute Flemings paper frame, gave us a $25 gift card, and a box of chocolates.
Needless to say, there are not many restaurants with that exceptional service. Cannot wait to go back for our 20th!!!

• Visited November 2012
richmond,virginia
“Excellent, high end restaurant, excellent waitstaff, excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

i do love going to Flemings! When I want to splurge, i.e. , anniversary, birthdays, celebrations, etc, this restaurant is always one of my first thoughts and choices! We LOVE the Flemings potatoes, the steaks, the appetizers, and my hubby loves the lettuce wedge and sharing the potatoes with me as the portion size is so much! When we let them know we are coming for our anniversary, they have made it extra special, with an anniversary card, last year they took our picture and gave it to us in a Fleming's frame, and the chef gave us an "anniversary" gift just as we were leaving, so they made it a very special evening! I love going here for both special occasions, for the Sunday prime rib dinner specials in the summer, and just whenever I want a great steak, and great service!

Visited July 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent service ... food needs work ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I really appreciate the excellent service we recieved and they really tried very hard to make a special occasion dinner memorable. We went early to celebrate a birthday. Manager came and introduced himself and came back couple more times to check on our meals. The waiter even took our photos of our party after dinner and came back with the picture on a paper frame, a nice touch. He also gave us a $25 gift certificate and a box of chocolate truffles for the special occasion. On service alone, they merit 5 stars .... but

Here is my problem. Some of us ordered three course Summer special and felt like the food wasn't on par with regular menu items. The baby spinach salad with Marcona almonds was good but the dish it came in was puny compared to the regular Caesar salad. My suggestion is to make the salads on the special menu same size and as appealing as the regular menu side salad item. It wouldn't cost much more and it doesn't draw attention to the fact that hey he ordered a special. The bread was fresh and the spread was tasty. The regular menu filet was cooked spot-on right but my prime New York Strip was rather dry that I thought maybe they accidently switched medium with medium-well order. OK, the steak wasn't quite all that. Lastly, the dessert, The regular menu chocolate lava cake was excellent and imaginative but the dinner special mixed berry shortcake was just awful. The base layer cake, which I thought should have been a moist pound cake, instead it was made of hard tack biscuit which was hard and flavorless (as most biscuits are when cold) and the berries were embedded in equally bland, lumpy, less than smooth cream and honestly don't remember tasting Grand Marnier in the cake. It wasn't fresh and tasted like it was pre-made day before. Needless to say, we didn't finish the short "biscuit". They ought to just throw out that dessert from their menu and start with something else, and maybe even fire the guy who came up with biscuit for dessert concept.
For the price, you need to bring A-game for the food as well as the service. Sadly, they whiffed on the dinner special.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, MD
“Wow! Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is the best dining experience I've ever had! I made reservations here for my husband's birthday, and the staff at Fleming's pulled out all the stops. From the personalized service, to the amazing food, to all the added birthday perks, I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. Our server, Thad, was awesome and super attentive without being intrusive. I really enjoyed the fact that we felt like we were the only ones in the restaurant, and the dim lighting gives the experience an awesome bonus. Perfect food, perfect service, and a perfect restaurant. I'd come here every special occasion if we lived closer.

• Visited July 2012