“a Group of 12” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Midlothian, Virginia
“a Group of 12”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had reservations for 7:30 and got seated at 9:15. If I had not been with a group there is no way I would have stayed waiting for that long. We were never given a reason for the delay.

84% Recommend
Richmond, Virginia
“Unprofessional, bad attitudes, poor customer service,good food!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I looked online for a menu and nothing. I called and the guy said he thinks its down. I proceeded to ask if they served pork chops or anything other than fish, he said sarcasticly"this is a seafood restaurant we serve fish, crabcakes, crab legs.. I politely cut him off and ended the conversation. drove over there. no take out menus and they do serve chicken. i was not greeted the guy had his back to me for 2 minutes talking, the woman looked at me did not speak. wtf!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kenbridge, Virginia
“The Croakers Spot Restaurant in Petersburg, Virginia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We traveled 60 miles today, April 6, 2013, to celebrate my mom's 93rd birthday at the restaurant in Richmond, Va. Our wait time was 25 minutes. That was not problem. My mother had most of her grands with her and 4 more were on the way. When we were seated, the female manager came in and proceeded in such a rude manner to tell us that the policy was to seat all parties at the same time and if we were waiting on some more, we all would have to go back out in the loby or outside until all were there. He demeanor and attitude realy upset us. It was my mom's birthday and we tried to be cool as not to upset her. It is my suggestion that she needs to go in for training on personality, people skills and management. You don't have to be rude. There was an extra table in the room for 4 and we had 4 coming. She said she was going to put someone else in the room. As we rwere cramped anyhow, we spread ourselves out and enjoyed a delicious meal. Our waitress, Tiffany, was on the ball. She was pleasant as there was a lot of us. She didn't show an attitude and she made our meal so much more desireable. If it had not been for her, our evening would have been spoiled.
I haven't decided if we will come back at all. Maybe we will check and see what manager is on duty before we come. i hope that more training can be given because the restaurant atmosphere is very nice with great food. The female manager needs a transfer of she needs to find another job. She is going to ruin your business!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RICHMOND
“ONE OF THE BEST!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This place is absolutely one of the finest restaurants in Richmond! We are Yankees, but we love Southern home cooking, and Croakers Spot is awesome!! We brought friends from NY there and they were overjoyed with the food, the portions, the service was A+++++. We are regulars.

Visited January 2013
“Large portions but average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

When my friend and I arrived we were seated immediately, which was nice. Our waitress was friendly and polite. We sat near the entrance and I guess the kitchen area. It wasn't packed due to us coming early in the day. The food portions were large but the taste was mediocre. The seafood seemed a bit under seasoned compared to the time I ate at there 1st location. I did like the cornbread, it was delicious. Overall my friend and I thought the food was ok but nothing we would rush back to get. A good place to go if you are hungry.