“Not quite OK” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Midlothian, VA
“Not quite OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Lunch service and atmosphere were Satisfactory. Mushroom & Brie soup was excellent. Corn & Crab chowder was poor - more like a thin soup than a chowder. Panini Rueben and Corned beef sandwiches were thrown together; rather tasteless meats and dry. Corned beef was in small clumps and didn't cover the bread. Bread had OK grill marks, was hard toasted and certainly not the usual panini. There are too many available restaurants to go here again. I'll try elsewhere next time.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Went here for lunch today with family and all I can say is WOW!!! All four adults and our 12 year old agreed - best meal we have had in Richmond!!! As soon as we walked in the aroma was mouthwatering! The chef was preparing Frittata's that looked AMAZING! Even though we were all in the mood for lunch, 3 adults switched to this Frittata and were NOT disappointed. I ordered the soup and sandwich combo - French onion soup was absolutely delicious and the half panini of meatloaf sandwich tasted like I myself had lovingly prepared it. The 12 year old proclaimed his Mac and cheese to be the best - and I was happy that is was a good amount for him to eat. The real treat was yet to come - for dessert, the 12 year old ordered the white chocolate mouse cake - O.M.G!!!! Turned out, he didn't like it because it also had coconut in it and the four adults almost came to blows over it - wow, just wow!!! Servive was fast, friendly and casual - will be back again, and again!!!! The prices were reasonable for 5 meals and dessert.

Midlothian, VA
“Great for a quick dinner before the theatre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Terrific individual-sized pizzas, salads, soups, and sandwiches. A 5-minute drive to the Landmark Theater. Let your server know when you need to be out the door, and you'll be accommodated.

Richmond, Virginia
“Cute Cafe w/ extensive menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is another one of those places I heard people raving about. My experience was nothing special. I ordered a turkey sandwich which was good. My husband had the cheeseburger (which tasted as if they did not bother to even put salt and pepper on) with fries (he enjoyed it). The fries were great! I also had a slice of the apple pie. This was nothing special to me as I like my pie a little sweeter.

I probably would visit again but it's not at the top of my list for places I must return to.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kilmarnock, Virginia
“Dependably good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We rely on Baker's Crust for always being good with good service, pleasant staff with a dependable small wine list. They have fresh vegetarian meals that are a go to for me and I'm not vegetarian. Bruschetta - yum! Don't miss the soups - finally a soup not made at home that's not going to kill you with salt. the atmosphere is quiet, open, light.

Visited June 2012