“We Loved This Place for Lunch on Election Day” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Good for: Dining on a budget
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“We Loved This Place for Lunch on Election Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I were in Richmond on Election Day to do get out the vote work for Tim Kaine and Barack Obama. At lunch time, we were driving around looking for a place to eat, and we spied Su Casa. It was so cute from the outside, that we pulled in. We were not disappointed. My wife and mole and I had the vegetable fajitas. The food was very good. In particular, I liked that the black beans were mixed in with the sauteed vegetables. The vegetables themselves were well (but not over-) cooked, and the salsa was nice and spicy. It's a very informal small place. Not fancy, but down home and alluring. The service was friendly and prompt. And, finally, the prices were very reasonable. Well worth a visit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Not for you if really are into mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The prices were good. I found that there was little flavor. I love Mexican food and admit I am a bit of a mexican food snob. The guacamole was not fresh and looked like it was a dip from the grocery store.

Visited September 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Great service + Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Ate here last night - and 150,000 + people were without power so needless to say Su Casa was packed. With only two waitresses, the restaurant was rocking - there was a line out the door. The waitresses were amazing, food came out fast, and everything was delicious. Will definitely be going back soon!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern Neck of Virginia
“Mexican Restaurant with great Greek specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

Love the atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff and owners. I enjoy the Mexican food but my favorites are always the Greek specials that they offer each evening.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook