“Enjoying the best mojito.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana 59 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 1,374 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: One block south at Main/N 17th St and two blocks north at E Broad/N17th St
Description: The glorious days of the 1950's in Havana were spent basking in the sunshine alongside the ocean, pools of posh resorts, and on the grounds of the Havana Yacht Club. Enjoy our home made mojitos or one of our specialty cocktails paired with our daily made entrees.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Enjoying the best mojito.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

During my recent visit to Richmond, I went to Havana 59 to try the food and enjoy the mojito's.
I must say the experience was very rewarding, and suggest ordering the "taste of habana", giving the diner a choice of beef, pork, rice and blackbean flavors. However the mojito's were the item of choice, and I must warn you, they can sneak up on you. I sampled the regular and blueberry mojito's, and both were very refreshing, however, I have to recomend the blueberry, mojito as the best of the two. Good thing the meal was filling, the mojito's were doing quite the job. The resteraunt was very clean and they have a cigar smoking section if your interested, and cuban music was played throughout my visit. If your looking for a good mojito, this is the place, but be sure you eat first.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Woodbridge, Virginia
“Wedding Reception”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I had our wedding reception here and it could not have been more perfect. It was on the second floor and the third deck. It was a beautiful night so the deck was open air. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. We didn't even know that there would be waitresses to get drinks for the tables, so it was an added plus. I had spent some time the day before working with Mark to ensure that everything was decorated properly and they got everything right when we arrived. The food was incredible. It stayed hot the whole time (not an easy task if you've been to a lot of weddings). People raved about it for days afterward. The lights on the dance floor put everyone in the mood to shake it. I still receive compliments. I would definitely recommend this venue. Just understand that in order to create a dance floor tables have to be moved if your wedding is around 70 or more but they made the moving seamless and no one even minded. Fantastic experience.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Midlothian, Virginia
“Terrible Cuban food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I ate there last night. He ordered the pork tenderloin and I the paella. Both were mediocre at best and certainly not worth the price. The pork tenderloin was fatty and resembled country spare ribs complete with barbecue sauce (I mean seriously?) The paella was not made fresh and contained cubed mystery meat and grossly overdone chorizo. I would not recommend this restaurant and will not return. Such a shame as this used to be a favorite spot. If you want great Cuban food in RIC try Kuba Kuba or Kenn Tico.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible. Service from mgr owner AND FOOD OS AWFUL!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Food drowned on cumin and salt. Don't waste your time eating here, hang put at the bar and have a few drinks. Owner /mgr. Does Not care
If your meal is terrible, absolutely No knowledge of.Cuban food.
Cigar bar is ok . This place use to be awesome. What a sad shame.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Absolutely Clueless Hostess!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Hostess did not have a clue. Since there were 3 open tables at the open window, we asked if we could move there. She stated that they were reserved. We asked how we could get a window table since we had a reservation. She stated that they do not guarantee tables, yet they had reserved tables. We finally had our waiter speak with her in a language that she understood and were finally moved to a window table. During our entire time that we were there, the other two table were never filled with diners.

AND several other couples coming in asked the waitress the same question about being available, but all received the same reply and were escorted to less desirable tables.

On the other hand, our server, Robert, was excellent and apologized for her behavior and the slow service for getting drinks from the bar.

The hostess' behavior was completely unacceptable. If window tables are available, your software should not dictate the business decision to lose revenues. This changed the mood of one of the few occasions that my wife and I get out for a date night. For this we elected to only eat appetizers and walk across the street but they lost out on dinner $$$.

• Visited June 2012