“Skip the chain restaurants, this place is fast and good!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #125 of 1,380 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
“Skip the chain restaurants, this place is fast and good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We opened the door and the chalk board said to seat ourselves. We picked a booth with the stick and hooks as old fashioned diners used to have, but This place is better than going to a chain restaurant or diner.

Their open kitchen and seating is nice. My colleague and I sat down and immediate the staff came with water and asked us if we needed something else to drink. The menus were already placed on the tables so we knew what we wanted.
Our order (2 eggs with toast and sausages - easy) came incredibly fast. It probably took less than 15 minutes. Can't mess up sunny side eggs and toast and they didn't.

The old register added charm to this place as well as other pieces. It is a nice place to ill be sure to come back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina
“May not be good for you, but it sure tasted good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We ate a late lunch there as a family. What a happy bustling place. I had the Reuben which I know isn't the healthiest thing, but it was very good. My daughter got the Downtowner which she just devoured. My sister got the BLT. Our waitress was super. Lots of extra napkins. Bill for the three of us not including tip was around $40.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“A Richmond Tradtion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

and deservedly so! This busy delicatessen serves a variety of great breakfast and lunch favorites; you can always count on excellent quality food served with finesse in a pleasant environment at a fair price.

Visited April 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Best Breakfast in Richmond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I need to move out of the neighborhood just to stop eating here all the time! What could be better than an amazing little southern place with delicious breakfast just minutes from my apartment?

A coworker recommended I eat here, and begged me to bring her along when I did go. The first time, I ended up going with an out of town guest and taking the early part of the morning off during the week. Definitely worth it. They have a good menu with lots of options, but not too many. I was pleased with the quality and price of food, friendliness of the staff, and quick service. I did go during the week, and I do see people waiting outside on the weekend.

Both of us had the #1 (standard breakfast with eggs, meat, side, and bread). Upon recommendation of many people we both got biscuits. They were so delicious! I've heard they are beer-battered, which gives them an interesting flavor. The food was delicious, but I felt like I had eaten two whole sticks of butter. That's probably what made it so delicious. Neither of us ate lunch that day we were so full! I am already a repeat customer!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A gem of a Diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a real old-fashioned diner, great for breakfast, and makes you feel a part of the city. Try the homemade oatmeal, biscuits, and spiced apples on a chilly fall morning.

Visited November 2012