“Doesnt know what Prime Rib is...” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Delicatessen, Californian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Richmond, VA
“Doesnt know what Prime Rib is...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

My friends and I went here for brunch and ordered the eggs and Prime Rib platter... the meat that came out was obviously not prime rib- the waitress took it back to the kitchen and the chef assured her that it was prime rib, even though it clearly was not... I'd rather eat in a restaurant where the chef has a little more knowledge about what he's cooking.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, VA
“Great Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

Everything on the menu looked so good my husband and I had a hard time deciding what to order, but we finally settled on two of the specials -- Cajun Shrimp and Salmon Omelet and Blueberry Stuffed French toast. They were both delicious. So was the coffee. I also had a Bloody Mary which had just the right amount of horseradish. Be sure to check out the painting in the restroom!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great brunch. Breakfast...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

Great brunch. Breakfast burrito and french toast were to die for. Dinner entrees innovative and ever changing,

Richmond, Virginia
“First Visit Was Last Visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

I met my daughter there for dinner last night to discuss upcoming Wedding Plans. We had noticed the Hermitage Grill also does catering. We wanted to try out their menu and possibly discuss their catering of the Wedding Reception. We expected the place to be small and it was. The service was okay. The food was good. They don’t do separate checks. This seemed to be a bit odd for such a small place. However, I used the cash I had to pay the check. I told the waitress she could keep the change. Knowing the amount of the change left was small my daughter was putting additional bills on the table for tip. Apparently, the waitress was angered by the amount of money left on the tray as she assumed was entirety of her tip ($4.15 - the bill was $45.85). She tossed the tray aside and stormed into the kitchen area making rude remarks about the ‘tip’ we had given. This was close enough to the dining area to be easily overheard. I was deeply offended by this behavior. My daughter called the waitress over to our table and told her what our intention had been and also that her comments had been overheard. The waitress said that she has been in the restaurant business for a long time and that the money left in the change tray is always considered the tip. I too have been in the restaurant business, working as a waitress, and I would never have done this to any customer, regardless of the amount of tip left. The waitress did apologize to us but it was obviously insincere. Perhaps Hermitage Grill should post the amount of gratuity required by their wait-staff to avoid this type of problem in the future. I will not return to the Hermitage Grill.

Richmond Virginia
“Great food at Hermitage Grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

Always a good meal with killer service.