“Angela's Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
richmond
“Angela's Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have eaten at Angela's many times and the food and service have been very good. The chef owns the establishment and works hard to prepare appetizing entrees. The portions are generous and the ingredients are fresh.

Easy to get to and park are added bonuses.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia
“Delicious food, generous portions, fantastic menu selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Don't be fooled by Angela's unassuming exterior in a strip mall. It's fairly cozy inside and offers wonderful Italian fare. Ive been there twice in the last two months and loved it oh times. The portions are very generous and it's always fresh and steaming hot. The service is a little slow, and the food can be a bit pricey depending on your choice, but it's worth it. The chef is very friendly, too! If youre a local you eill probably see someone you know there. Both times I was there I had my son with me (he's 8), so it's family friendly with an elegant touch!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
richmond, va
“don't go out of your way”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We went out of our way to get a good pizza on a Friday night after reading reviews here. I was able to get a pizza, but only because we were there early. They normally don't make pizzas on Friday or Saturday night...I guess they take too long.
My wife had a seafood dish special, but didn't ask the price before ordering! WOW! $39.95 for her dish. She said it really wasn't that good. It had shrimp, scallops, and crabmeat. The scallops were gritty.
The pizza was mostly good, but the crust was a little burnt on the bottom. It certainly wasn't worth the $15 for the pizza nor the drive to get there.
Service was OK, but nothing exceptional. After the place filled up, our waitress was slow, but always seemed busy. Nothing against her, but she seemed to have too much to do.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“Wow The Food is so good you think you are in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I have visited Angela's before almost always with our son and family but on this trip north it was just us. From the time we walked in we felt like we were special. The service was great the room full and bustling and the food, on my god the food. No matter what I have ordered here, especially seafood, it is the best, innovative Italian cuisine without being too innovative, sort of like a neighborhood place in Rome or Naples. I had the Tuscan seafood, clams, muscles, strip on pasta and spinach in a wonderful saucy with white beans.
We had a nicely priced bottle of Chianti Classico with our meal. On our many trips to Richmond which has become a foodie city this place is still or favorite.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toano, Virginia
“What a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I live in the Williamsburg area and finding a qulaity restaurant is much harder than you think. I would rather travel to Richmond and eat at Angela's. Everytime we go we have a great meal. The owner and his wife are always there and friendly. The menu is excellent...and if you don't see it ask. If they can do , they will.

Don't let the fact it is in a small strip mall fool you. Angela's is a real gem.

Ed Lamb