“Typical Outback” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Woodstock
“Typical Outback”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Easily accommodated party of 7. Others had bloomin burger and baked chicken. I had tilapia with crab meat, salad, and water. Others really liked their dishes. Also had variety of cakes on lollipop stick served as dessert. Tilapia was very good but crab meat was dry. The dessert was dry and outer shell of cakes were hard. Should have chosen another dessert.

Visited March 2013

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Awful food and even worse service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Outback is typically a no-brainer. When you want a decent steak, it's a great choice. This experience proved to be the exception to that rule. After a skiing trip, my family and I were on our way home, from Wintergreen. We plugged "Outback" in our GPS and this was the closest one to our route. What a mistake! The service was TERRIBLE. The guy actually argued with my husband about the salad dressing. It was ranch and he said it was supposed to be really spicy. Not so. We've been going to Outback for YEARS and never had peppered-down ranch. Then, the appetizers came and they were cold and had obviously been sitting out somewhere for awhile. My husband's steak was WAY overcooked. He ordered rare. He was served a Medium, at best. All of our steaks were far overseasoned, tasting more like salt-licks than steaks. It was, hands down, THE WORST, Outback we've ever been to. We complained, told the waiter, and he didn't even offer to get a manager or apologize. It was laughable really. AVOID this place.

Visited February 2013
Norton, Virginia
“Great food, decent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This outback is like most other outbacks. It was full during the dinner hour. My server was very nice once she realized I was sitting there. Other than the fact it took her awhile to bring me my water, she was very prompt and courteous the rest of the meal. Half of my order was to-go and it was well packaged and ready shortly after I was ready to leave. The only issue is that they forgot to include silverware- not a problem if I was going home, but we were staying at a hotel- so I had to run back in the restaurant and it took the host about 5 minutes to find it and bring it back. Food was great, cooked well, didn't take too long considering how full the restaurant was- I would eat here again

Visited February 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“The Blooming onion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to Outback last night with my oldest son. We had a fabulous Blooming onion, He had a hamburger with cheese and bacon and a side of fries. He eats a ton and was unable to finish it off. I have a wonderful full rack of ribs that had meat on it that was fall off the bone delicious.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Always a happy place to visit for birthdays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My family always visits here for our birthdays. The food is very consistent with great service. This Outback definitely knows how to cook a steak. Plus, the bloomin' onion is always so good!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere