“Will sadly not be back” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Richmond, Va
“Will sadly not be back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I used to love this place on the weekend its a typical spot for 20s-30s crowd with regular locals. However on my last visit for lunch I will not be returning. I met a friend for lunch late friday and we knew they had a patio that you can attach dogs to and enjoy the fall weather. Once I walked up to sit down and tether my dog to the outside of the porch I over heard the waitress say "Great now I say a dog can stay and it turns into a dog park." We were the only ones of the patio and received minimal service afterwards. Feeling unwelcome we each had a beer and their tots. Later that night we both suddenly were sick for 4 hours and now plan on never returning.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“My parent's met here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

When My parents were at VCU they met here. They still go to Buddy's all the time and we go together. Great crowd of the Fan's Finest! My Dad says it was the same when he was in school and everyone in the Fan loves it - or hates it, but the haters are just not welcome!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Richmond's very own Cheers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I visit Buddy's with my husband a lot. There is a good crowd of business people, younger and older are all mixed in. The food is good and the beer is cold.

Visited September 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Don't forget how good the food is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This place is definitely a neighborhood favorite. A wonderful watering hole and the closest thing to "Cheers" as you're going to get! It's a great place to stop in for dinner on a week night and unwind with friends on the weekend then recap with a bloody bar on Sundays! Get there early for a booth. Now that it's non-smoking, it definitely appeals to more people. God Save Buddy's Place: I fell in love with my husband there!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cool bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I've not had the food but their karaoke night is entertaining! When it's crowded though it can be difficult to navigate the skinny aisle of the bar but other than that it's a cool place