“First visit to full kee” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romance, Large groups
Good for: Romance, Large groups
Richmond, Canada
“First visit to full kee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Delicious food, waiter very kindly spent extra time helping us select items from menu

Excellent dinner. We had beef, seafood, soups, veggies and rice dishes. Would absolutely visit again. Go for the food, not the setting

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Wife and I were heading home from an overnight stay in Richmond, and wife, who is originally from Hong Kong, had a craving for Dim Sum. I had my doubts about availability, but much to my surprise, the Full Kee advertised traditional Dim Sum every morning. My wife, like all Hong Kong-born Chinese is an experienced food critic, particularly when it comes to Cantonese food. She is not easy to please; her standards are high. Before the first bite of food, a "good" chinese restaurant must not be too elegant looking. Generally, the more run down looking, the better the food--Full Kee scored well (if you insist on fashionable surroundings when you eat Chinese, go to P.F. Changs). Next on her checklist is the number of ethnic Chinese dining at the restaurant. We were early, so it initially looked doubtful, but within the hour, the place looked like the Star Ferry had arrived. Last, the wait staff must speak Chinese. If they speak Cantonese, even better. The Full Kee folks apparently sounded like they were from my wife HK neighborhood. So, these guys had 3 stars before the first dish was brought out, and were well on their way to my wife "Golden Chopstick" award. Well, the food was great. The raddish cake was perfect--not too soft, just lightly cruncy with plenty of pork bits. The gai lan had maybe a bit too much oyster sauce, but the greens were great. Best dish was the chow fun--bit thick noodles with plenty of beef, and in a big, big dish. All the dumpling were great, as were the chicken feet, and quite honestly we were so full, we never got to any of the crepe dishes, but I'm sure they were of the same high quality.
If you're a dim sum connoisseur, I highly recommend this place. Outside looks a little shabby, and they only had a couple of carts, so the staff brought some of the dishes around on trays (kind of unusual), but it was a great eating experience. Oh, and the prices was comparable to a Chinatown restaurant anywhere.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Dim Sum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Full Kee is the place to go in Richmond for authentic and delicious dim sum. My Chinese friends took me there the first time and introduced me to the many delicacies. Now it's a favorite when I'm hungry for dim sum.

Visited September 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“This is where chefs eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

An undersung restaurant in Richmond. Those who know excellent food frequent this place. If you're in the area and like authentic Chinese food, visit.

Visited August 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Stop Whining and EAT: Great Dim Sum in Richmond”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I'm scratching my head about the negative reviews. The service is fast though don't except some servile twit who says "I'm Brad and I'm your server." You get Chinese people and Chinese politeness. Just say what you want, sit down, shut up, and eat, people.

In short: bring me the Dim Sum! And Full Kee does for lunch (be advised...not for dinner). Portions are good and the variety excellent. I usually pick one I have never tried before ("Steamed Gor" last time and not a favorite, but everything else was great).

It's my fifth visit and third for lunchtime Dim Sum. Get over that and stop whining, you weaklings!

• Visited July 2013