“Greek with Modern Flair” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stella's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,273 restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
New York City, New York
“Greek with Modern Flair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great meal that gives you a little Greek with a little modern. Loved the oysters Rockefeller, they were great to start with, along with the mushroom saganaki. For pour entree we all had the halibut with saffron risotto, so good. Decor and ambiance are very nice as well. If only we had had room for dessert!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
McLean, Virginia
“More like yummus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Ha, the hummus was delicious, and I can't wait to go back and have more. My husband and I had an early date night around 5:30, and we had the option to sit at the community table or the bar. We chose the bar and had a great time enjoying the friendly atmosphere and tasty dishes. My husband enjoyed his entree, Pikelia, which was a sampler of Greek specialties, and I cleaned my plate of salmon with spinach orzo. Everything was fresh and filling!

Charlottesville, Virginia
“A taste of Greece”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Good Greek food is hard to come by and so I was delighted to hear about this place. And I wasn't disappointed one bit. The restaurant is on a sleepy, neighborhood street, but it is very lively inside. The decor is great and invites you to relax and enjoy food with friends. We sat at the communal table, which was fun (and allowed us to see what other people were eating). My mixed drink was absolutely delicious (Onassis) and our food was amazing. You can share multiple small plates or order a full-size entree. The feta phyllo appetizer is amazing. Staff was very friendly and attentive. It was busy on a Wednesday night but quiet enough to have carry a conversation and enjoy our food. If you love Greek food, don't miss out on this place.

Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
“Wonderful upgrade a Richmond tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I hadn't been to Stella's since their move two years ago. We went for lunch the first day and had the crab soup which is an occasional special and the flaming mushroom appetizer which are on both lunch and dinner menus. We were so pleased we wanted to go back soon. We discovered you have to plan ahead. With Open Table we finally grabbed a Saturday night reservation and enjoyed our meal once again. The service was great as well. We enjoyed the artichoke moussaka and rock fish special. Our chocolate baklava was amazing. Our only complaint was being seated next to an extremely loud birthday celebration in the booth in the corner. I hope not to sit there again. We will be back soon and request a table further away from that corner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Thursday date night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Found this place in RIC magazines top "new" restaurants of 2011-12. The atmosphere was charming, romantic lighting with a snug, neighborhood vibe. The waitstaff is knowledgeable. I doubt there's anything on this menu I won't like. We tried, and loved, the flaming mushroom app, black kale salad, moussaka. Make reservations.