“Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Trinity, Florida
“Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We were going to be in Richmond for just a few hours so on the advice of previous diners we decided on Kuba Kuba. We waited just a few minutes for table even though the restaurant was crowded and once seated the waitress came right over with our menus. The menu has pleanty to choose from but the specials are what caught our attention. I ordered the braised pork shank and it was the best pork dish that I have ever eaten. Everyoneelse loved their meal as well. The flan and kuban coffee is a must ! The next time we are in or passing through Richmond, we will make a special stop to Kuba Kuba, it is well worth going.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“only place i consistently come back to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I'm an ex-richmonder now living abroad. I come back to the US about twice a year to visit family and friends. One constant has been my bi-yearly visit to KubaKuba. I can't go 'home' and not have a big bowl of cuban pork, tostones and a lovely slice of tres leches. No other richmond restaurant has that pull on me.

The food is amazing, the atmosphere colorful, the music lively...all in all a combination worth coming back for.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, VA
“Order the specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

This restaurant has really specials! Everytime someone orders a special they are never disappointed. The other food is good too, like the paella and the pok dish. However, the Cubano is very very dry and I never cared for the tres leches cake (and I LOVE sweets). So if you do come here, I don't think you can go wrong with the specials!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Midlothian, Virginia
“Date Night Again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

As I have shared with you in previous reviews before, my wife and I and another couple have "DATE NIGHT" in Richmond 2-4 times per month. This time we ventured to Kuba-Kuba's on a Friday evening in January. We arrived to a full house and promptly slid up to the bar while we waited for a table to open up. After about 10 minutes we were seated at one of the booths and started checking out the diverse menu. The food was absolutely fantastic, seasoned and prepared perfectly. The atmosphere kept you looking at all of the different things hanging on the walls and the diverse clientelle. The service was fast and timely and the server was so knowledgable on all the different menu items. Don't go to Kuba's if you aren't willing to try something different. The whole purpose of eating at different spots is to enhance your ability to try foods you normally would not be drawn to. Don't play it safe and always order the same stuff. Kuba's will allow you to taste a different culture of food. Enjoy!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Va
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I love the cuban pork with plantains. It not something I thought I would ever crave but it's great. Tres Leches cake must close out any meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere