“Wasn't for me” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Richmond, Virginia
“Wasn't for me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I'm sure for someone who isn't a vegetarian and who doesn't mind eating in a loud and bustling environment, this restaurant would be just fine, but for me, I wished I hadn't come. For one, there was absolutely nothing on the menu I could get, and the waitress seemed as if she could not be bothered to try to suggest accomodations/substitutions. Another thing, it's one open room for dining and everyone is basically crammed on top of one another; the acoustics in the room are horrible so everyone's conversation is amplified, as is the music they place. I couldn't even have a conversation with my husband over all the noise, and since there was nothing to eat, I just sat in loudness and watched and waited till he finished. Awkward and odd. We went during lunch, so maybe going during an odd time of day might yield a better environment, more attentive waitstaff, and a more enjoyable overall experience.

Visited June 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Consistently Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I've been to Kuba Kuba many times and everything I order is always super tasty and keeps me coming back! Food, drinks, service is always good. It is a rather small place so sometimes there can be a wait but it is worth it and moves quick!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Good Cuban Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Good Cuban Food small restaurant/grocery store, you can find good wholesome by Chef Manny, cooked more towards the American palate, me being Cuban would have added more cumin, cilantro, garlic and other spices, but overall a good choice.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Suffolk, Virginia
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The place does not look like much, but the food and service are outstanding. They even brought us 2 open bottles of wine to try before we settled on one. That was a first for me. The food is really creative. I will retun when I visit Richmond.

Visited April 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Delish Cuban sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was a perfect stop for a late lunch in Richmond- sat at the bar, great music, wonderful chatter all around, and a delicious sandwich and plantains. What a great little restaurant, in an ADORABLE neighborhood.

• Visited March 2014