“Great Experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #80 of 1,373 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Californian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Here at Strawberry Street Cafe, we have been providing great food and service in an inviting, casual atmosphere since 1976. Located in the Historic Fan District, we are only about a ten minute drive from the Landmark Theatre and the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. What we are best known for is our famous salad bar, which is actually situated in an old-fashioned bathtub and filled with fresh vegetables, fruits, prepared salads and homemade soups. The menu includes such specialties as Maryland Crabcakes, Pasta Jambalaya, Homemade Chicken Pot Pie, and Spinach Lasagna.
Washington, DC
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Food the Atmosphere everything was great try the Shrimp & Grits!! Right in the downtown area Will go back again..

• Visited January 2014

Belvidere
“Love the food and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had the special, Maryland crab cakes and shrimp. It was so good. I could have eaten two plates! Our server was very prompt and welcoming.

Visited December 2013
Knoxville
“Southern breakfast buffet that ranks high”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Small, quaint atmosphere. Don't let the size of the buffet fool you...the quality is awesome. Desserts are served in large portions and are incredibly delicious.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tappahannock
“We keep going back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I first ate at Strawberry Street Café in my teenage years, longer ago than I care to admit. The fact that I keep going back speaks to the fact that the restaurant is consistently good and that I enjoy the food. My wife and I take out girls, 15 and 12, every now and then, but we particularly like going on a "date" for the salad bar. The Bathtub salad bar is always nicely stocked with good quality salad fare and they have a variety of side dishes and a daily soup. My girls like going to Strawberry Street Café reasonably well, but I imagine that they will want to go back over the years, even when they go on their own dates. The tables are very basic and the place is not fancy, but the good food and atmosphere make this a good place to eat. We would probably give this place a 4.3 or 4.4, but since those ratings are not an option, we think it is certainly a strong 4.

• Visited December 2013
North Carolina
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This place is known for its "salad bar in a bathtub." I didn't partake of the salad bar, but I did have some wonderful French onion soup, and some of the best mac and cheese I've ever had the pleasure of shovelling down my gullet! Everyone else at the table had sandwiches and the salad bar, and everyone enjoyed their food immensely. The Brunswick stew was especially popular; I saw the staff refill that soup tureen twice during my meal.

• Visited October 2013