“Great BBQ, so-so service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Buz & Ned's Real Barbecue Boulevard

Buz & Ned's Real Barbecue Boulevard
1119 N Blvd, Richmond, VA 23230 (Formerly Buz & Ned's Real Barbecue)
804 355 6055
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: While Buz has been dishing real barbecue in Richmond since 1992, our first brick-and-mortar location on Boulevard opened in 1995. We've also had the honor and privilege of being featured on some of television's top food shows. We are thankful to our loyal fan base that keeps coming back year-after-year. We opened our Broad St. location in 2012 and we look forward to bringing the same barbecue tradition to the West End.
Akron, Ohio
“Great BBQ, so-so service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was excited to try the BBQ at Buz & Ned's. I was a little taken aback by the ordering style...it's not sit down and order...it's order at the the counter and self-serve beverages, sit-down and the food will brought to your table. This method does not give you much time to peruse the menu. Anyway, I chose the combination sliders so I could sample the chicken, pork, and beef brisket.
The chicken and pork were awesome! The brisket was a let-down. My son had a half -slab of pork ribs...they were big, meaty, and delicious! They need to offer regular fries on the side...not a fan of sweet potato fries. Service was on the "meh" side. It was close to closing time and I could tell the server was already checking out. Such a disappointment...good food-lousy service.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“The BEST BBQ in Richmond Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The best freaking BBQ in Richmond, yeah i said it! The brisket sandwich is tender and always loaded with enough brisket to easily have made 2 sandwiches. The pork pulled bbq is to died for, and they always give you more than you know what to do with. The spare ribs are smoky and delicious. I forgot to mention they are fall off the bone tender. And last but not least the Beef ribs, i usually get 2 bones which believe me is plenty. They are very meaty, smoky and tender. While most other bbq places don't dare touch beef ribs Buz n Neds have, and they are doing them to perfection!!! I almost forgot about the sides. My favorites are the baked beans, potato salad, macaroni and cheese and Cajun corn, all are very delicious!

Richmond, Virginia
“Probably the Best BBQ Outside of Memphis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This is most likely the best BBQ Outside of Memphis. I've had BBQ all over the South and especially in both of tag with Carolinas and Tennessee. Well, the BBQ in the Carolinas tastes like garbage compared to this BBQ and only a couple of places in Memphis Tennessee taste better than this. I barely need any sauce because it's that good. This location is slightly better than the other one for some reason though, I don't know why. The sides are wonderful as well, especially the macaroni and fries in my opinion. It's usually crowded but tthat's often a consequence of going to a wonderful place. I've never been disappointed with the service either even though it's not meant to be super special in a place like this. I would highly recommend this place to even the mildest fans of BBQ living in or visiting the area.

Visited May 2014
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Best BBQ in Richmond”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Every time I go through Richmond I stop for Buzz and Neds. One of the best BBQ rib and chicken places I have ever eaten in.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Bone in the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Be careful when eating your BBQ sandwich, one of our chicken BBQ sandwiches had a bone in with the meat. Staff had started to offer a replacement sandwich and then back tracked since the sandwich was almost finished when the bone was discovered. The flavor of the food was great, but be careful eating, and don't expect staff to care.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kevin C, Guest Relations Manager at Buz & Ned's Real Barbecue Boulevard, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Sorry to hear you had that little something extra in your sandwich. All of our meats are handpicked from the bone, but on that rare occasion, we will miss a little piece of human error - but we do hope the extra attention comes through in the taste and quality of our food.

If there's anything else we can do for you, shoot us an e-mail over to buz.comments@buzandneds.com

Kevin, Social Media Manager