“good stuff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Buz & Ned's Real Barbecue Boulevard

Buz & Ned's Real Barbecue Boulevard
1119 N Blvd, Richmond, VA 23230 (Formerly Buz & Ned's Real Barbecue)
804 355 6055
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 1,380 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: While Buz has been dishing real barbecue in Richmond since 1992, our first brick-and-mortar location on Boulevard opened in 1995. We've also had the honor and privilege of being featured on some of television's top food shows. We are thankful to our loyal fan base that keeps coming back year-after-year. We opened our Broad St. location in 2012 and we look forward to bringing the same barbecue tradition to the West End.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“good stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Enjoyed the beef BBQ, slaw, and tasted the brisket. Not a bad place at all. Would like to head back and try the pork as well.

• Visited January 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“Great food but no call in takeout!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I love the food at Buz & Ned's, especially the pulled pork, beans and potato salad but was extremely frustrated one night when I tried to call in a takeout order. They will not allow you to do that. You can go to the restaurant and order takeout there, but then you have to wait for it. Crazy and frustrating... I rated service low due to my dissatisfaction with their takeout policy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“excellent Q”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is the best bar b q spot in Richmond.. I used to think Pierce's in Williamsburg was my top choice in Virginia but recently I ate at both, back to back and Buz won. The boulevard location dinning area is basic, which doesn't bother me. The sides are good, but not out standing..BUT the Q is great. I prefer the Boulevard location, even tho it can get crowded. There are some good Q spots in Richmond, you can try others but Buz is the best.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, VA
“Past Glory?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Note: This applies to the chopped pork only.
As a longtime fan of N&B, I'm torn in writing this review. Buz and Ned brought real barbeque to the people, and it still tastes really good (although Hank's in South Richmond, which closed around 1980, was every bit as good - the cook asked how much you wanted, reached into the warming oven, pulled out a joint and cut off and chopped your serving ).
The sandwiches appear to have gotten smaller and smaller in the past few years, while the prices go up and up. I'm getting older, so my taste buds may be failing me, but the 'que seems to have less smoky, less charred flavor.
Can't comment on the sides - that's not why I go there. But if you need your hickory-smoked BBQ fix, you'll still get it, just not quite as much.

• Visited December 2013
Staten Island, New York
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stopped here after searching for a non-fast-food option for our road trip along i95. Good choice! Location was right of the highway and there was a BP gas station to kill two birds. Food was great and they had kid choices such as hot dogs and macaroni&cheese. Side portions could be more generous - not large enough to share at all! There isn't table service ... You order up front and the call your name when it's ready. There was outdoor seating for both summer and winter months. So if you want quick good food right of I95 that makes you feel like your dining with the locals then go here.