“Very Good, But Pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
~~~
“Very Good, But Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Zeus Gallery is a small restaurant located in the heart of Richmond's "Fan" District. The restaurant is very small, so get a reservation if you can. There is no set menu as new menu is written on a chalk board each night. The food is very good, the customer service is excellent, and the atmosphere is fun. However, this prices are about $5-$10 more than they need to be. Salads don't need to be $12 and Entrees could be in the low $20's/ high teens instead of the high $20's. But, this place is always busy, and they can get away with it. Add the high price of their drinks and expect to pay about $40+ a head easily.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Manakin, Virginia, United States
“Best menu in Richmond; incredible service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Went last night with five good friends and could not have enjoyed Zeus any more. I think we tried everything on the menu but three items. And every single dish was amazing. We all left very fat and happy.

Most menus give me two or three real good options for my main course. At Zeus last night, I was choosing from seven that I really wanted to try. I will be back in the next week to try one of the others.

Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent, as always.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Zeus Gallery is as fine a dining experience as I have ever had. Great atmosphere, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and expertly prepared food. I have never had even a mediocre meal there. Classy joint in all, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fantastic dinner at a great location.

richmond
“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Showed up at Zeus on Saturday night with a dinner reservation for a party of 8 (after having called Zeus and been assured they could handle a large party). Our table wasn't ready so they ushered us into the COAT CLOSET because the venue is small and there is no where for a party of 8 to wait for a LONG LONG LONG time. We were told that our table was just finishing desserts and would be ready soon so we ordered some drinks. An hour after our reservation time, we're all still waiting in the coat closet. No apologies from staff or mgmt, simply an offer to order appetizers in the coat closet. Thanks, but no thanks. Then another offer to order dinner in the coat closet. Again, thanks but no thanks. And still, no apologies, no bread, no crackers, no offers of any compensation whatsoever, nothing!!! And certainly no telling the other party who had long finished dinner that there was a reservation waiting and could the other table be moved to the coat closet. The staff at Zeus completely blew it and had no idea how to handle the situation much less accomodate it. My husband and I had been going to Zeus for 15 years, not every month, but once or twice a year, and loved it. You would think that a restaurant of this caliber would be able to handle this situation but not so at all. From beginning to end, they were completely inept. Our party of 8 finally gave up and left in search of good service and good food somewhere else in Richmond. Fortunately there are many great restaurants in Richmond with both fabluous food and wonderful customer service. Unfortunately, Zeus Gallery is no longer one of them. I wonder what happened? What a shame. I know 8 people that will never ever go back.

Visited December 2011
Richmond, Virginia
“Another outstanding dining experience at Zeus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Once again, Zeus Gallery delivers. We recently went with some friends and had a fantastic experience. The food and service are always top notch. If you have never been to Zeus, do yourself a favor and make a reservation today!