“Check It Off Your List, Then Go Somewhere Else” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Millie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,274 restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Diner, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Richmond, Virginia
“Check It Off Your List, Then Go Somewhere Else”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I think 10 years ago, Millie's, at least for brunch, was the place to be. It's in a cool location right under Church Hill. The open-kitchen concept was very in. The food is eclectic and flavorful.

Now, I think it's still good, but the rest of the town has caught up. I wouldn't wait in line for Millie's UNLESS I had never been. If you're living in the city, it's worth going as a rite of passage. Otherwise, I think the Continental, Sidewalk Cafe, Dot's Back Inn, Can Can, Pearl, and even Sullivan's have brunch menus just as interesting, and most of the time cheaper. If you live in Church Hill, this place makes sense. I wouldn't drive out to it from Northside, West End, the Fan or the Museum District.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Annapolis
“If you're in Richmond, you MUST go to Millie's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is an unbelievable find. Visiting Richmond for the Marathon and had heard a lot about Millie's. To say we were happy with our choice would be a serious understatement. It's hard to believe that the amazing food comes from t he small two man kitchen in the front. Service matched the food. Owner engaged and working hard to please the packed house.

The pan seared Oyster Mushroom with lardons, arugula and Parma Reggio were likely one of the best mushroom dishes I've ever eaten. The house special Thai shrimp were fantastic as well. Had a bite of everything else our table of 5 ordered and there was not a weak link among them.

I'll visit here every time I'm in Richmond. Simply fabulous.

GB

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Our first trip to richmond and we were looking for lunch. This food is phenomenal!!
My boyfriend and I both ordered from specials. He ordered "latin braised pork burrito with black beans" and I ordered "pimento cheese mac and cheese with shrimp". My first choice of pumpkin bourbon risotto was already sold out.
We both loved our meals and the setting was cute. It was a very small place and pretty laid back hipster-ish. Parking was hard because we had a big pickup but we just parked a block down in a rite aid parking lot.

If you are in the area looking for delicious food... Go to millie's!!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Brunch EVERY weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Every weekend my husband and I are in Richmond, we try to make it to Millie's for brunch. The secret is to arrive within fifteen minutes of them opening on either end (before or after). Not a bad dish on the menu - I'm forever a benedict fan, and my husband eats the daylights out of the Devil's Mess. It's a tiny location, but the cooks work so fast and it's all amazing - well worth even an hour wait!

Visited October 2013
Berryville
“Wonderful dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

On a very busy Saturday night,we were greeted by the very friendly and attentive staff. The service was excellent and the food was even better. The Salmon Tartare, Scallops over risotto, and the mixed wild mushroom appetizer were all creative and first rate. For dessert we had the house made cream puffs and the Chocolate Mousse with fresh berries. Both were delicious! Great food at a reasonable price. Very enjoyable evening!

Visited September 2013