“Very Good Indian Restauant” 4 of 5 stars

804-204-1800
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemon Cuisine of India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 1,380 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Very Good Indian Restauant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a very nice dining experience at Lemon on a recent Saturday evening. The food (a lamb and a chicken dish) was excellent and was spiced per our requests. The servers were very friendly and my water was refilled several times. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Highly overrated ...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were there 7 pm Sunday evening with a party of eight people. The restaurant was not very busy and we were seated right away. It started OK enough with fancy looking complimentary appetizer of three different dips with a small amount of chips. The waiter talked a good game but totally failed to deliver. He was friendly enough but failed to refill our beverages and twice we had to run down another waiter to get more water. Only positive thing he did was to bring out more rice without charging us extra but if you are going to charge $15+ for a chicken dish, you should at least make it filling, since three naan side orders sure were skimpy. Then at the end, he acted like he gave a world class service ... eye roll ... face palm ...

I can handle spicy food and had Indian foods that were pretty spicy but here, it was rather tame to say the least. The waiter made it sound like their spiciest was maybe too hot to handle; therefore, I got 2nd spiciest level, which was totally lame, more tangy than spicy at all. Worst was the wait; we waited over hour to get our food when the restaurant was more than half empty. We cracked jokes about how the head chef was field dressing a lamb in the back of the kitchen as to why he was taking so long.

In the end, the food was not terrible but not great either. It was just OK, but the long wait made our overall experience less than tolerable. I'm just not sure why people are raving about this place. Maybe their lunch is more reasonable with less wait but not coming back to find out.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent food and great service as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We have visited this restaurant several times and we have enjoyed every entree. My husband's favorite is the Coastal Shrimp. The garlic naan is a great accompaniment to the entrees. We usually split two entrees and almost always have some leftover to take home. The waiters are always glad to answer questions and they are great about making sure our water glasses are full. Highly recommend this restaurant!

“love lemon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love Lemon! For city dwellers it is pretty good location so we don't have to go to the West End. I give it a 4 because sometimes it is inconsistent. Overall very good.

Visited April 2014
“Love the Lemon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

A business trip landed me in the hotel across the street. Not much to look at, the food was wonderful, and very well priced. I was greeted with a basket of Indian crackers and a delicious trio of sauces. I ordered lamb, and was asked if I wished to have "Indian hot" or "American hot." I went to the middle, and it was perfect! Cutlery and dish ware were distinctive. The naan was crispy and a great substitute for a fork. I will be back!

Visited February 2014