“Late evening adventure!” 5 of 5 stars

804-204-1800
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemon Cuisine of India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 1,380 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Late evening adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stopped in at 10 pm on a Friday evening. Were seated, well-served and enjoyed the tandoori sampler and the saffron chicken. The music was excellent. The owner was on hand and pleasant to chat with. Will be back after a delicious first visit!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Enjoyable, tasty Indian food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here after a robotics competition, and were thrilled to find such excellent food. The peshawari naan was great, and the grilled vegetables with the tandoori chicken were excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Late snack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I happened upon this restaurant while I was heading back to my hotel room at the Comfort Inn Conference Center Midtown. I noticed the restaurant was open and went in to find it very clean, and the mood was perfectly relaxing. The staff was very friendly, seated me quickly, and was very helpfull with placing my order (since Indian food is new to me). I ordered the chicken tikka masala (and made sure I got the mild spice, they have hotter spices for the more experienced), and the dish was excellent, cooked fresh, taste was outstanding and portion size was perfect. I also recomend the tandoori sampler for an appetizer, it was perfect for getting me ready for the main dish. I will be going back soon to sample a lamb dish, I hope it will be as good as the chicken (remember I'm new to Indian food), looking foward to the experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Midlothian, VA
“Best Indian Lunch in Richmond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Lemon cuisine was recommended by a friend who rarely gives restaurant plugs. We stopped by on a Sunday for lunch. The building on the outside looks stark and uninviting, but inside you will find a bright and colorful bar and muted but elegant dining space complete with crystal light displays. We noticed the savory scent of Indian food coming in.

The non-Indian servers greeted us in a friendly way and we were promptly seated. I chose the Goan Seafood Curry with scallops, shrimp, and salmon. My wife had saag paneer and my kids chicken tikka and saga. Lunch included plenty of garlicky and buttery nan and rice. A savory tomato soup and rice pudding was also included! All this for about $10 per person! Mango lassi is very good. We really enjoyed the saag and Goan curry dishes. Dessert was very nice. Lastly, our server was very attentive and pleasant. Best Indian lunch in Richmond and great value!

Sunset Beach, North Carolina
“Great food, slow service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

While visiting our son and his fiancé, they took us to Lemon for us to try Indian food for the first time. This is a newly opened restaurant so they still have some startup issues to work through but the food choices were excellent, the quality of the food was excellent, and the prices were quite reasonable. The only problem was getting the check took a long time...

• Visited February 2013