“My Worst Experience Ever.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Value Place Richmond West to your Saves list
Value Place Richmond West
6900 W. Broad St., Richmond, VA 23230   |
Richmond, Virginia
“My Worst Experience Ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Hotel is new, rooms are still clean, and this is the only good thing about the place. Manager Paddrick Godfrey is a thief and a liar. Please always ask for a weekly statement and check all the charges carefully. This is how this little scumbag makes money, he will charge you late fee for no reason, you will get charged weekly almost $10 linen service fee even if you don’t use the service. When I checked out I was charged $25 for a trash that I never left in the room. I’m an Army veteran I know how to clean my room. When I confronted Paddrick about false charges, he suggested that I would refer him two people and then he would refund my money. The guy must be smoking something bad. I told him that I will refer him to BBB and dispute all wrong charges with my credit card.
I stayed there for three weeks and every Sunday morning around 6 am there was a phone call first and then, under pretense of fire alarm, Paddrick or someone else from the staff would try to barge into the room. It’s still a mystery to me what they were doing.
At any rate, room would cost you over $300 not $249 as advertised, service was a complete NIGHTMARE. My advise is to take your money elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This place is outstanding!!! Clean, comfortable and well priced. It doesn't get any better than this hotel The staff is very friendly, courteous and professional.

I definitely would recommend this location, and will stay here again to be sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Richmond West, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
We are excitied to hear that your experience with Value Place was an "outstanding" one. No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Value Place prides itself on meeting the needs of guests so that they may have an enjoyable stay. We wish you well on your travels and hope that you will visit us again soon!

Been to Value Place Richmond West? Share your experiences!