“Wonderful Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel

You added Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6531 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23230 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Richmond West)   |
Ranked #68 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We always had very good experience at this hotel. We visited this hotel couple of times. Staff is very friendly and always willing to help. Very quite place with all the facilities. Never had problem with parking, huge parking lot. Overall great hotel for a good price!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I spent 5 nights at this hotel. I was very pleased with my room and everything worked well. I thought the lobby was lovely. Price was right. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when I am in Richmond!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

No words needed...EVERYTHING was perfect!!! I am definatly coming back to this heart warming hotel!! The front desk woman made my mood from exhausted of the plane trip to a cheerful person! The room had soft, fluffy, and soothing beds that made me feel like I am in heaven. From a 1-10 for the room it would definatly be a 10! When I got to the pool from the elevators (which were just beautiful!) I almost fainted at the sight of the pool!! It looked amazing and when I went in the jacuzzi I could have stayed in their for years!! Overall this has probably been the best hotel out of them all! Come here and you will love it!!

Room Tip: Every room is perfect justncome and join the fun!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I recently visited this hotel with a group for a convention upon arrival the first thing I noticed was the lobby door was open so when my group leader went in the lobby the question was asked if the air was broken they said no but the cool air was going out when the door was opened second thing was the elevator was old and extremely slow and did stop with us in it at one time the hallways were hot and only 1ice machine was working but the worst was yet to come when I went into my room dirty sheets dirty bathtub and filty floors. The owner has refused to speak with the . Leader so we moved for safety and health reasons especially since children were involved even the pool was closed and would only open from 5-10 but we you walk in the area where it was at it was dirty and the pumps were off the decking around the pool was chipping away. This place needs to be shut down if you look at the wee beside it looks great maybe in years back when it originally open.false advertising misrepresentation if a hotel totally disgusting

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Rented two rooms because I needed two non smoking rooms and all non smoking rooms in the area were booked over a week in advance. Air conditioning in the lobby, hallways, and one of our rooms did not work. Management would not let us change or refund the one room. Vending machines, ice machines and some of the elevators did not work. Stained carpet, chipped paint, overwhelmed front desk. Need I go on... The Courtyard in Charlottesville we stayed in the night before was amazing and less expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
China Grove, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

They gave me a room on sixth floor..no problem...wait elevator won't go past fifth.Walked up to sixth passing what may have been hookers in stairwell. Got to room...so hot..a/c doesn't work...bathroom is filthy.Go back down to lobby cancel...manager says it too late to cancel...will have to pay full two days..(card had already been charged...booked online where the pics looked great) and she did not have time for this because she had another job to get to. STAY CLEAR OF THIS PLACE.

• Stayed June 2014
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Well where can I start...booked room on discount site so it was average for what I paid, but if I would have paid the standard rate on the site I would have been thoroughly pissed off. We were there the weekend before Memorial Day so the hotel was pretty much empty, so the extra service that we received (which was minimal) was ok. I can imagine the hotel being full, we would have probably received no service, thank goodness we were there when it was empty.
We really only needed the room to sleep, we were there from Friday- Sunday, and ended up getting there at 3am on Saturday so we really didn't have time to go all over the hotel.

Our room was located at the furthest end of the hotel, maybe that was the only part open and then the breakfast was located all the way on the opposite end of the hotel. We didn't partake in the breakfast as both my father and I are disabled so it was easier to get in the car and find breakfast elsewhere than going back and forth on the long journey to breakfast. Nothing worked on the side of the hotel we were on, no ice, soda machines, etc. seemed like everything was shut down. We had a cooler with ice and drinks, thank goodness. The room was decent, seemed clean at least. My bed comforter had a nice juice stain on the inside, but I was so tired from traveling I could care less. Housekeeping staff was a bit rude, couldn't get a smile out of the woman if I gave her $100 bucks it seemed, but the guy was friendly, we asked for another pack of coffee (as there were two of us in the room) and she gave me a look like I asked her to go get us coffee from Starbucks or spin on a pole with a handstand :)...but hey maybe she was having a bad day.

The best employee that we ran into was the man at 3am, and he was new. He was very helpful. Also when I called to request 2 double beds as I booked on another site the woman was very pleasant and helpful. Any other time I called for something at the front desk they gladly reminded me that this was a 2.5 star...Meaning don't ask me for anything because I can not accommodate. Where is Anthony from the Travel Channel when you need him!

On a brighter note the hotel seems like at one time it was nice. Location was good if you needed to be around the West End section of Richmond. Highway was right outside of the hotel. It was very easy access to 95 and 64. Definitely needs some work on employees, maintenance and management. We were lucky that our room was decent and didn't run into any creepy crawlers, etc. If the staff could work on what they "CAN" do for you versus "this is a 2.5 star, sorry" than maybe things could change for this hotel. It was big and had a lot of space, but from the reviews and staying there I would not have an event there that needs to be attended to because there is no one there to attend to your needs, seemingly. Maybe for a meeting where I would just need the space and nothing extra.

Would I stay here again? If I am on a budget and know that I am looking for just a place to lay my head and nothing more. This is why I gave it an average rating as it was good in the room, and that's what we paid for and needed a place to lay our head after a packed with activities weekend trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!