“Old hotel, had to switch rooms 3 times.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel

You added Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6531 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23230 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Richmond West)   |
Ranked #72 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Old hotel, had to switch rooms 3 times.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Once again I used priceline and will con't to use them. I went into my room and the thermostat for the HVCC was torn off the wall, you had to use the buttons on the window unit. The a/c was not working, I had already unpack for a two week stay. I complained and I moved. The maintenance worker that was helping me is their best asset. He is foreign and it took him three rooms to find the right room, that is with everything working properly. A really nice guy that wanted to make me happy. I needed a small refrigerator due to my length of stay and I had water and energy bars I like to keep cool.

Overall, do not bid over $40.00 for this location try to get a king, a double room is very small. Priceline rated this as a 3 star, I would say 2 at best.

Room Tip: King size and ask when was the room remodeled or upgraded.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed one night . We booked ahead for a Friday night and got an excellent rate. The room was spacious and the bathroom was spotless with soft white towels. Continental breakfast was generous. The staff were very welcoming and keen to help. The whole experience was much much better than we expected from a chain hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

This hotel has a lot going for it. It was clean and quiet. There is a pool, a gym and it is close to the interstate and downtown. The TV channels are a bit limited but they do get HBO and several very good cable choices too. This was not really a problem. The hotel offers free wireless internet but I found it hard to make the connection in the room but the lobby's signal was much stronger.
While I asked for a quiet room, far from the elevator and ice machine, I found my room only 3 doors down from it. However, once the door was closed there really was not any unreasonable noise from that. Also disappointing was that when I opened the drapes the room over looked a lower roof with 5 large air conditioners and several other large mechanical things. While there was a small bit of noise from these, it was also not as bad as feared. The hotel has obviously done a very good job in the sound proofing area.
The beds were very comfy with nice pillows. The sheets were on the bottom and top keeping the blanket from touching. There was also a nice array of products - shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash . . . but also a cute little bag on the bed filled with lavender linen spray, ear plugs and a sleep mask.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitly stay here again.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Nice friendly staff, thats the first thing I noticed. The hotel is on the older side, but well established and know how to treat guests. I was impressed. I dont typically leave reviews but felt like they warranted it. Walked over to the restaurant for a quick bite and was surprised at how quick I got seated and served. Had a nice conversation with the hostess about some of the history around Richmond. I felt genuinely welcomed and comfortable. Rooms again were on the older side, but very clean and well maintained. Good value, and I recommend this place to others.

Room Tip: Call direct and book. Your best bet is to speak to a person, very friendly and accommodating.
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Our family is glad that we chose to stay at this hotel. During our 4 day stay, we found our stay comfortable and the staff including assistant front office manager, Huseyin Cakir, to be extremely helpful and responsive to our needs. He is an attribute to the Crowne Plaza organization.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Carlos, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Super Clean, Very Comfortable Bed, Nice Restaurant. I was most impressed by the staff. They are very attentive to guests. It was very consistent, not just a few of the staff.

Hurricane Irene: We were there during the Hurricane. Staff was on hand to help with small things that came up. No complaints. Good generator provided basics until power was restored. Compliments! You handled a tough situation very well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1RichmondReview196, Director of Sales at Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Ed and A.

Thank you for your valued feedback and review. While we take tremendous pride in providing the most clean and comfortable environment for all of our valued guests, it is our well trained and service dedicated staff which makes the Crowne Plaza Richmond West a memorable experience and not just another hotel.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Please provide the USA channel to your list of viewing channels. Especially, because of the series that come on this channel, compared to the major stations in the summer. Also, please provide refrigerators in the rooms, and much bigger closets. I have to be here for a month an d had to request a luggage cart to hang all the clothes, I had to bring for this time period.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1RichmondReview196, Director of Sales at Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Maryanne.

Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Richmond West. While we value all of the feedback we receive from our guests, it is especially great to hear of the experience from guests with extended stays with us, as it provides us with a level of consistancy we strive to acheive each and every day. We are pleased to see the highest possible rating you gave us on our cleanliness and service. We take incredible pride in both of these very important areas.

We do have refrigerators available for our guests upon request. I am sorry if this information was not relayed to you during your stay. You recommendationi of the USA Channel has been passed on to our General Manager for consideration. Also, we will review how we may further service our valued extended stay guests with additional storage. Increasing our closet size would detract from the spacious living space within the overnight rooms, which is an assest in comparision to many newly built hotels.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you once again when staying in Richmond, Virginia.

Been to Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!