“Home away from Home and It makes sense.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Richmond, VA
“Home away from Home and It makes sense.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have extended business in Richmond (one year). The Suburban Extended Stay Hotel answers all of my needs, maybe not all of my wants.

The office hours for check-in, guest assistance, and all other support functions are incredible. The staff are friendly and anxious to do a good job. The facilities are quiet and you feel secure. There is an in house laundry room with plenty of machines. The rooms are cleaned once a week with linnen service inclulded, you can get more towels if you need them.

The rooms come with a kitchenette with dishes, utensils, a microwave, a two burner hot plate, and a small refrigerator. If there was a small convection oven and a real refrigerator, it would be ideal.

I am going to be away from my family for a long time and the staff's friendly approach helps a lot. I might have found a furnished apartment for slightly less but then I would have to hassle with utilities, cookware, and maintenance myself. It is an easy stay and nice.

Room Tip: Book ahead, they keep busy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
sesrichmond, Assistant General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services that we provide and we are so happy that you are enjoying your stay. We look forward to providing you the same pleasant accomodations and service that you have grown accustomed to. It is a pure pleasure to have you on property!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been here since Feb. 2013. They have an excellent staff. All are very courteous and helpful. I have not had one bad experience with this place. If something breaks they are right on the spot solving the issue. Sarah is a very sweet and polite desk clerk and goes out of her way to with whatever issue you may have. I recommend staying here. You will not regret it. There rates are comparable or better then all the other hotels in the area. My only issue is there isn't a swimming pool. There isn't an on site restaurant but there are plenty to choose from in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide exceptional experience for our guests. We really appreciate you as a guest and hope you stay for a good long time!
Richmond
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Started of good until I got to the hotel and they were charging me two different prices from the booking confirmation. They online booking confirmation was higher than what the hotel charged me.Second the floor was dirty like pet hair was still in the floor, and hair all in the bathroom. Third I had bugs crawling on me at night and one bite me and me and my other woke up to breaks on iur bodies and rashes from the beds. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much for taking the time to to let us know about your recent experience as our guest. I am so sorry about the mix up with the cost. This is not an excuse but the person who checked you in was fairly new and we used this as a training opportunity. I am so very sorry about the lack of cleanliness that you encountered. I have also used this a training opportunity with our housekeeping department and have spoken to the head of housekeeping so that this doesn't happen in the future. Also , in response to your note here we called our exterminator to check the room for any type of bug and none was found. I really am sorry that your experience at our hotel was so bad for you I am hoping in the future you will visit us again and give us the chance to " WOW' you!
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We were trying to find a reasonable room for an overnight stop on our trip through Virginia. After reading the good reviews in Trip Advisor we opted for this hotel. The room overall was decent and clean. The bed was very old and creaky/lumpy which didn't fare well for my husband who's a light sleeper. My biggest complaint and it might have just been the room we got (123), but it was VERY smoky. To the point that we both had trouble breathing and woke up with irritated eyes and throat. When we first noticed thow obvious smoke smell, we went to the front desk to ask if there was any other room, but was told they were all like that; mixed on the floors. That would be my only caution to fellow travelers. Especially if you are sensitive to smoke (we aren't, but it was that overwhelming), you may want to stay elsewhere. The hotel is close to 64 and 295 an restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your response to your recent stay at our hotel. I am sincerely sorry that you experienced a high smoke smell during your visit. We are in the process of dealing with this problem and I thank you for bringing it to our attention. I am also sorry that you experienced a problem with the bed as all of our mattresses have recently been replaced with Sealy pillow tops. I am checking that room to make sure that there isn't a problem with that mattress. Thank you so much for bringing this to out attention. I assure that we will take care of it and that your opinion as our guest means alot to us. I am glad that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay and we so look forward to you coming back to see us!
flagler beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We are on week number 3 of our new temporary housing while working in Richmond. I highly recommend this establishment as it is affordable, convenient to everything and has everything you could possibly need while away from home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
sesrichmond, Assistant General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we will continue to make it a positive experience for you and I must say you have been a delight to have on property.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at the Suburban for 6 nights. The bed and room were both clean, and it was very quiet. All the silverware and plates were clean. The staff was also very friendly. If you want a hotel room for a good price you can't do any better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
sesrichmond, Assistant General manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this review, July 5, 2013

Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've stayed at this location twice now, first in 2006 and then in 2013. It is well-located next to Broad Street and to Parham road, and to numerous restaurants and stores. I stayed in a king size single room which had all I needed for my stays. A small kitchenette with stovetop, fridge and microwave, as well as some utensils. There's a small table and a couple of chairs at which to eat and work. There's cable TV as well. The bed had some fraying on one edge but was otherwise comfortable. The wireless internet was slower than I've seen in other hotels but that was due to heavy volume at the time. For $50 a night, it's tough to beat the value. The hotel's laundry was most welcome too. On the whole, I highly recommend this location and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

sesrichmond, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this review, June 14, 2013

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond? Share your experiences!