“Friendly & Exceptional customer service. Please stop by and visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn - Richmond South

You added Red Roof Inn - Richmond South to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4350 Commerce Road, Richmond, VA 23234   |
Ranked #28 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Boston, Massachusetts
“Friendly & Exceptional customer service. Please stop by and visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Traveling around a lot, Adam and I have stayed in our share of hotels. I've got to say, though, that I have had one great, memorable experience:

Red Roof Inn- I felt as though the employers treated each of their guests like family. Beautiful view, great coffee, perfect location but there's one person who stood out the most and his name was Darius almost reminded me of Darius Rucker when i first heard his name - being it was my first time there he's what makes that place welcoming. He smiled and did his best at trying to provide friendly, fast & accurate service to me and my husband. (I would have to say, even though we were confused which made him confused, he kept a smile on his face with very well exceptional manners).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It makes my day to hear such positive remarks on my staff members and property – especially from a seasoned traveler. Thank you for your positive comments and recommendation. We are very happy you chose to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time you pass through Richmond, Virginia.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Statesville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

nice overnight stay,clean room nice beds--decent stay nice flatscreen--very cool air--couple area rugs and wood-type floors--non-smoking--friendly front desk--very close to 95--convenient to kings dominion--don't stay at one in sandston

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. Your positive comments and recommendation are very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again when your next trip lands you in Richmond for the night.
Binghamton NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We travel I95 twice a year
Discovered this RR via Tripadvisor
this visit room 145 spotless. AC cold. Quiet room. check in Tamika fast and friendly. Khan is so pleasant although my german shep I think might have scared him a bit:) Past trips some shady people hanging around. we almost decided to look elsewhere but we saw Ken the manager has banned this activity. Glad we took another chance. keep up good work and consistency of cleanlinesd and upkeep of grounds.

• Stayed August 2013
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you very much for coming back to stay with us again & taking the time to share your experiences. I very much appreciate your comments on my rooms and kind words about my staff’s service. We are always eager to make s guests stay the best it can be. I am very glad you gave us another chance. We look forward to seeing you again your next trip through Richmond, Virgina.
long island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

i love this place. They dont give you grief about multiple dogs. well kept grounds and very clean, recently renovated rooms with great wifi. No complaints here. Gas station next door. only a couple of feet from Interstate 95 and the holiday inn just down the street has a nice restaurant. McDonalds and subway right next door. And the place is QUIET. Good night's sleep with microwave and fridge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I greatly appreciate your recommendation & comments on our rooms and service. “I love this place” tops the list. Our new rooms are very nice with the updates and continue to get positive reviews. Our rates make it a real value. Being pet friendly has allowed us to meet some special guests like you. I love the picture of your dogs. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Richmond.
Nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very clean, very roomy. enjoyed the electrical plugs in the table near the bed. My date of reservation was wrong. She was very friendly helped me gey my dates changed. It was a long day i really wanyrd to lay down. Children enjoyed the game. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. Your positive comments and recommendation are much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again when your next trip brings you through Richmond for the night. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

we checked in at 7pm on Monday night, it took 25 minutes to check in, then once we got into the room, omg, the air didnt blow that good, we had to go out to our semi and get out little fan to keep it half way cool in the room, then I went to get a shower, HAIR EVERYWHERE!! the shower and tub had not been cleaned,there was a used shampoo bottle in the shower,so that tells me that they do NOT clean the bathrooms, the bed was old and outdated and had springs almost poking thru the mattress, the floor was dirty, there was no remote in the room, we had to go back down to the front desk to get the remote, and we were in the very last room on the opposite side of the building, we stayed in 228, the hotel is suppose to be 100% NON SMOKING, we passed several rooms that the doors were open and the guests were sitting in the doorway (inside the room) smoking!! our room smelled like someone had smoked in it, so i told the lady at the front desk to make a note that someone before us had smoked in the room, and we do NOT smoke, so we better not get charged for it!! and last but not least, they don't even offer Continental breakfast, only coffee!! so I say this, You really do get what you pay for, we have Corporate Lodging, as we are truck drivers, and our rate was $35.99 plus tax, so it was cheap and it showed, with the lack of cleaning and lack of care from the front desk. you would be better off paying a little more and staying at the Holiday Inn Express across the street. we will NOT stay here again!

Room Tip: if you want a good room, stay at another hotel!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize for your experience not being above satisfactory here at our inn. With the recent update of our rooms our goal is to not only meet the guest’s expectations but exceed them and in this case it seems that we did not. For prices we try to offer the best value amongst our competitors. I have spoken to my team & shared this with them to make sure we are providing cleanliness that exceeds standards in all our rooms to compliment the changes. I hope one day you will give us a chance to exceed your expectations the next time you are in town.
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I made reservations at this hotel for an overnight stop on my way driving to and from Massachusetts. I chose this hotel because of the price, reviews and the fact it takes pets with no additional charge. However, after staying here one night on the way up I really wasn't looking forward to staying there again on the way back and I ultimately booked another hotel.

The front desk clerk was friendly and accommodating but I was not happy to learn that the only ice machine was next to the office which leaves the guests in the back building having to walk a long way outdoors to get to get ice.

The king room I stayed in looked to be newly furnished. The floors were uncarpeted with faux wood accept for an area rug next to the bed. I can see why many people would prefer no carpet in a hotel since it is much easier to tell if a bare floor is clean versus a carpet. It's also nice because they allow pets and the carpet won't hide pet urine and fur. Unfortunately, me and my dog hate bare floors. The room was mostly clean except for a couple of sections of the floor in the corners. The smell in the room was unpleasant (with a slight smell of mildew, although I didn't see any, and a faint smell of cigarettes. But it wasn't bad enough to request a room change. The exterior halls and stairs were not clean. But the main reason I didn't want to go back was it just didn't feel safe to me. There were some questionable people wandering around the parking lot, and the back of the property was not well lit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your stay with us. I am glad we were able to provide some positive experience for you & I appreciate you mentioning the “pros”. I am sorry that you also experienced some “cons” that made you decide not to stay with us on your return. Our new rooms have gotten some very good reviews and as well as some opposition. People do love out pet policy. We do offer some very good prices which attract a variety of customers, but I can assure you that safety and security of our guests is always a top concern of ours. I hope you will reconsider and try us again on your next trip through Richmond, Virginia.

Been to Red Roof Inn - Richmond South? Share your experiences!