“Great place, nice price. Better for just an overnight stay.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn - Richmond South to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4350 Commerce Road, Richmond, VA 23234   |
Ranked #28 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
“Great place, nice price. Better for just an overnight stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Red Roof Inn. The room was clean and the stylish. The service that me and my significant other received while we was there was exceptional. Housekeeping cleaned and changed the linen in our room which was also a plus. Only thing I'd have to say is that the location of the hotel is better for overnight stays for people who just wants to get on the highway the next day. This is not a good place if you want to explore the city and find things to do because it is so far out from everything. Other than that its great.

• Stayed January 2013
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I very much appreciate your comments on our service and quality. Our location is south of the city but close enough when you are trying to avoid downtown prices. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Richmond.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Hamilton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The staff was friendly, the rooms were nicely furnished, and the bed was comfortable. My biggest problem was that areas of the room were dirty. The mini fridge was sticky, the counter top near the TV was sticky, and the toilet seat was also dirty (this is not acceptable to me). Otherwise, it would've been a perfectly good stay. We only stayed one night, so I did not complain to the staff, I just cleaned things myself with disinfectant wipes. The location was right off the highway, easy to get to, and about 10 mins from the downtown area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I appreciate your comments on my staff and our new nicely furnished rooms. With the recent update of our rooms our goal is to not only meet the guest’s expectations but exceed them and in this case it seems that we fell short in cleanliness. I have spoken to my team to remind them all that we most provide the best room experience possible to our guests and even with updated rooms we have to continue to work on how our guests experience those rooms. I hope you will give us a chance to exceed your expectations the next time you are in town.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was my second time at RRI in Richmond, last year about this time they were renovating it and has far as I'm concerned they did a great job. The personel at the front desk were excellent and attentive, the room was great with Micro and small Ref, clean. The bed was great a king size very confortable. It was fairly busy but quite, I'm sure if I'm back in that area I will try to stay here again, easy off and on 95 at Exit 69, subway right in the back yard and Mcdonalds across the road and two gas station close by

Room Tip: Really can't say both times I've stayed its been reasonably quite, room in the back seem to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you very much for being a repeat customer and taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy that you like our renovated rooms. The new rooms definitely refresh the product and we are getting a lot of compliments. The Superior King rooms with the fridge and micro are the best in the market for value. I very much appreciate your comments on the rooms and service. Have a very Happy New Year! & I hope it is less than a year before we see you again.
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here on a trip from CT to Florida. Needed a pet-friendly hotel and this one was perfect for that. Rather than carpeting on the floors they have a pergo-style flooring ... perfect for a hotel that's pet-friendly ... and they do not charge extra for the pets.

Beds were comfy and everything looked clean and fresh. Would totally recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your stay with us. I very much appreciate your kind comments and recommendation. You are right on when it comes to price point – for the price our new rooms provide great value. Our service and pet friendly property make it even better. I hope you enjoyed your holidays & had a nice time in Florida. We hope to see you again when you are traveling through Virginia. Have a great New Year!
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We always have trouble finding a nice place that takes dogs, and after reading the other reviews, we decided to stay here because they don't charge for pets.... How awesome! They have comfy beds, clean rooms, new laminate wood floors and flat screens.
This has been our second time staying here and Khan welcomed us with a smile, again, and very warm service. He made us feel very comfortable and was happy and personable. Red Roof... Top 3: Welcoming pet police, Comfy beds, and Friendly service! Good work!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with fridge and micro.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your stay with us & especially for returning for a second time. It makes my day to hear Best Value, Great Service, and awesome in a guests comments. Our new rooms continue to get very good reviews & I am glad you share that feeling. Our pet policy also does attract some great customers. I appreciate the very kind words about my associate Khan. He is excellent with our guests & I am glad he made you feel so welcome and comfortable. Have a great New Year & we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Well let's start with checking in. We did not have a reservation but did my research before staying here. The reviews were good and liked the fact that it had just been renovated, so we decided to stay here as a halfway point from Ottawa Ontario Canada to Orlando Florida for a Christmas vacation. Because we didn't make reservations online before arriving we had to pay full price $57 + taxes = $66. I told the front desk the the rate online was $51 + Tax. She replied that I would have to book online to get that price and she told me I could use my own Internet connection to book while standing in the lobby. Of course I'm from Canada so I don't have my own Internet connection in the USA. I was tired from driving 12 hours and just wanted to sleep so I said I'll pay the $66. Then after paying I ask about the complimentary breakfast that it offers on the website and she tells me there is none. To me that is a issue you need to fix. That is false advertising. Then we enter the room to find the heat is set at max. It was so hot in the room, I had to leave the door open so we could breath. I am writing this review as I lay in bed at this hotel. You may have read reviews mentioning the urine smell in the rooms and that is very true as this is a pet friendly motel. It is a very strong smell. The location is good with a McDonald's and a Subway next door and a couple of gas stations as well. I would not stay here again just on the fact that they wouldn't give the the rate that they advertise on every website for booking hotels. This seems very cheap to screw customers over. It should be cheaper as a walk in as they don't have to give a commission to these websites for booking rooms online for them. And don't forget the NO Breakfast, noisy and smelly. If I wasn't so tired I would have gone somewhere else and pay a few $ more. Good luck

Stayed December 2012
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for you feeling like you were cheated and that your stay didn’t fully meet your expectations. We strive to provide all of our guests with the best experience & I am sorry we felt short of that. We also regularly check competition prices to make sure we offer the best value in the area. We have some great discounted offers online; unfortunately like many businesses we don’t offer the same discounts at the door. I contacted hotels.com to find out how breakfast was listed for us and have it removed from the website, as we have never offered it. I will also double check all the other websites as we do regularly to make sure it says we only serve fresh brewed coffee. We wish you Happy Holidays! And hope one day you will give us another chance.
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were apprehensive because we arrived after midnight and the front door was locked. We went to the night window and checked in. The room was quite nice. The shower was forceful and had hot water. Coffee maker was super fast and the coffee was great. Bed was very comfortable. Seemed like they worked hard to make the hotel nice. It was an older hotel with outside doors but we would go back.

• Stayed December 2012
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear guest comments. I am very appreciative that you gave us a chance even when apprehensive. I am very happy you liked our new rooms, had a good night sleep, and you feel satisfied you got your money’s worth of an experience. It means a lot to me and the staff especially as your 28th review. We look forward to seeing you again when you need lodging in the Richmond area. Happy holidays!!

Been to Red Roof Inn - Richmond South? Share your experiences!