“Exellent Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Vermont
“Exellent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Nice & Clean with Home away from Home feeling. Surpisingly economical with ample of amneties. Will definately stay whenever passing by.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Peterborough, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

We stayed here one night on our way to Myrtle Beach. The only good point was it is located right off the highway and the front staff were very friendly. After parkinig the car both my husband and myself felt unsafe. The area is not exactly family friendly and the parking lot was filled with garbage - even a dirty diaper! -
The room was standard fare - fridge and microwave - king size bed. The bathroom was dirty and no shampoo or lotion just soap. The girl told us we could park at the back closer to our room but we didn't feel safe leaving the car at the back and parked right at front doors under the lights. We will not stay here again. Hotels should consider having breakfast at 6 instead of 7 on the weekends for people that are travelling especially hotels right beside busy highways.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sarkar11, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Richmond/I-95 S, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
We take comments as yours seriously! I’d like to discuss your experience with our hotel. I can be reached directly at the hotel by calling (804) 275.5900 (or) via email at cx_rhmd@countryinns.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Warm regards,

Riverside, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

We stayed two nights in a room with a separate bedroom. Our bed was fairly comfortable, but the hide-a-bed that our teenager slept on was in pretty bad shape. The room lighting was dim even with all four lights turned on. Low shower flow made our showers take much longer, and the towels were thin and scratchy. We had problems with the air conditioning; the room was always either too hot or too cold. We appreciated having a minifridge/microwave in the room, as well as the extra sink at the "bar." The only ice machine in the hotel ran out of ice at 6pm. On the night of our arrival we went to bed early (9:30pm) and were awakened by a phone call from the front desk asking if the room was o.k. One day the maids took our dirty towels but failed to clean the room. The front desk personnel didn't seem to care and didn't even apologize--just told us to come and pick up some clean towels. Breakfast was fair, including hard-boiled eggs and a waffle-maker. The hotel was near some fast food, but we had to drive to restaurants.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sarkar11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Richmond/I-95 S, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
We take comments as yours seriously! I’d like to discuss your experience with our hotel. I can be reached directly at the hotel by calling (804) 275 5900 (or) via email at cx_rhmd@countryinns.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Warm regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

The rooms were fine, the beds comfortable, nice size bathroom and the room was clean. Should have checked because the Inn didn't have a pool or gym. My biggest complaint was the ice maker. There was this black stuff on many of the ice cubes and at one point as I was taking the ice out and dumping, I saw a black ant came out. I couldnt even go near the ice maker after that so I didn't even have a can of soda because I only like my soda with ice (so having the refrigerator was usless to me). Speaking of which the refrigerator door was broken.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Diry Ice Maker & Breakfast Buffet not appetizing
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ellicott City Md
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2008

We were extremely disappointed. The Hotel was billed as having two queen beds and the two beds were barely doubles. We thought we had been given the wrong room and were told that no, they were all the same size. I felt like it was deceptive advertising. It was poor value for the money spent. We would have been better off at a motel six.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

Room smelled; carpet was dirty; bed was not comfortable; smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling. Breakfast area was very uninviting--curtains were filthy dirty and half hanging off the brackets; carpet was dirty. There was no juice, milk was warm. Only stayed because there was an event going on and everything else was sold out. First bad experience we've ever had at a Country Inn & Suites. Would never stay here again--we'd drive down the road a few exits first!

• Liked — Only room available
  • Disliked — Dirtiness
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2007

I read the TripAdvisor reviews and booked a two night stay. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were super comfortable. Unfortunately, we were on the back side of the hotel on Saturday night and were awoken by the setting up of a flea market on the adjacent property at 6 am. The staff graciously moved us to another room at the front of the property for the next night. Breakfast, while free, was pretty minimal. We ate out the second morning and had a really good meal at the nearby breakfast restaurant. I'd stay here again.

Stayed May 2007

Been to Country Inn & Suites Richmond/I-95 S? Share your experiences!