“Convenient, well located, Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Convenient, well located, Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was visiting my daughter who is a student at VCU. This Holiday Inn is next to Interstate 64 giving you quick access to VCU and all the interesting sights in downtown Richmond. Our room was clean and new. Nothing fancy, but the room had a large flat screen TV and surprising a fairly large mini fridge and a microwave. There is no work out room, but a restaurant named Charlies right next door. This Holiday Inn offers a free hot breakfast. It was well stocked with a great variety of choices. Kudoos to the dining staff.Nice way to start the morning's travels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Woodstock, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

When I first walked in, it smelt like a regular hotel. I was hoping for a nice sweet smell. The staff was friendly and check-in was a piece of cake although when I went to hand the guy my PCR card, he hesitated like he didn't want to put it in. The directions he gave us to our room was helpfull at all, but we figured out an easier way to enter and exit. The halls could have been a little cleaner, but the room was very clean. However, when the housekeepers came to clean the room after the first night, the obvisouly didn't clean the bathtub because there was still hair in the tub. Overall I was very satisfied with the cleanliness of the room and loved where they had the microwave and refrigerator. My husband also loved the big flat screen tv. The breakfast was good. In overall after working in a Holiday Inn Express, I was expecting and hoping that most of the things would be like that one I am used to. Also we never received a call to see how our room was. We never heard any road noise, which was great, however there was too much light coming from the window even with the curtains pulled. Loved the location...it was near all different kinds of resterurants and stores.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bordentown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel was very conveniently located, clean and reasonably priced. Breakfast was pretty mediocre, and the toiletries were of the cheapest kind. Knowing this I would stay there again but would likely spend a few more dollars and stay in a better hotel.

Room Tip: The suite was spacious and accommodated the 4 of us comfortably. Not really any "view" ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Absolutely the most poorly maintained hotel I've stayed in. I have no idea how they have a good rating on the web. Once you get pass the lobby the elevators and floors are filthy . The room ac did not work well either . Over all its a disgusting hotel and I would urge everyone to stay away

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Richmond Northwest I-64, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear seanrh7,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I hope you can believe me when I say that your experience is not the norm for our property. We take great pride in keeping our amenities at tip top shape for our weary travelers. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Richmond you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I would stay here again, the rooms are about average but you have all your conveniences in the room such as microwave, fridge and coffee maker. It's also located right at the highways but you don't hear any highway noise and located near a Dollar Tree, gas station and grocery store and within a few miles are your everyday fast food places. Also, they have a great breakfast with hot foods and the normal foods. Staff was courteous and helpful as well.

• Stayed July 2012
Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here as part of school tour group. Hotel was very clean, looked and felt modern. Had Keurig coffee makers- nice touch! We did not do any meals in hotel and did not seem like much to walk to for dining options, maybe a quick drive. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Earth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is a good Holiday Inn Express hotel. It was a typical room and breakfast. The hotel is not around much in terms of restaurants or other stores.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond Northwest I-64? Share your experiences!