You added Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   241 Arboretum Place, Richmond, VA 23236 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Richmond - Midlothian)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #45 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Richmond, Virginia
“Love It !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

You will not be disappointed if needing a clean, safe place to stay. My room was very clean, bed was comfortable, and no foul odors whatsoever. The building is clean and safe inside and out. Staff was so friendly! Having a kitchen was a major plus. There are plenty of restaurants, and stores nearby. Housekeeping did a beautiful job in letting me have peace, but they were available if I needed them. Will visit again. 2 Thumbs up for this location!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and hotel overall. I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and that you liked our hotel's location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bensalem Pa USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I travel a lot and I think the biggest issue I have is not sleeping right when I am away from home.
This hotel was quiet and very helpful with everything location is great.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone going down to the Richmond area the staff is very friendly rooms are clean what else can I say!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Tom - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were able to have a comfortable and quiet stay at our hotel. It is also great to hear that our staff provided you with great service as well.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
DDO, QUEBEC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hotel has a fresh look and an inviting appearance. It is conveniently located in a corporate office area, in a resort like setting and quiet suroundings with easy access to Hwy 60. There is ample parking room and parking is really easy.The rooms are large and bright, have a big and comfortable bed, a big screen TV, a fully equiped kitchenette with a full set of dishes, pots and pans and ustensiles. The kitchenette also has a decent size fridge, an electric stove and a microwave oven. At the first look, everything looked extremenly attractive, quiet and relatively clean, but it was too good to be true...
1. The microwave oven is defective: it works only on the 30 seconds mode and needs to be reset and restarted every 30 seconds...I was told that it will be replaced - nothing happened.
2. The electric stove is also defective: only one of the two elements is working
3. Nobody cleaned my room for the last 11 days and nobody came to clean when I asked them. I asked the front desk several times, I even talked to the cleaning ladies while they were chatting in front of my room - nothing happened. So I have to take the garbage downstairs
4. The batroom tub has a nice but is surounded by a dark band of mold, as if nobody is paying any attention to this kid of thing...It is disgusting when you try to take a bath or even a shower...
So bottom line, it is a nice hotel for the money, but the service is really terrible.
5. Nobody picks up the garbage. I have been here for the last 11 days and yesterday I had to take the garbage bag out and give it to the reception desk clerk to put it away. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice hotel and the front desk clerk is doing a great job, issuing service requests, but THERE IS NO SERVICE! As if nobody is managing this place...I am a consultant and I travel frequently for long periods of time. I intended to spend here 60 days or maybe 120 days, but I had it and I am looking for a better place to stay with some decent service. I will get out of here as soon as I can find one that it is not too far from my work.

Room Tip: Appearences may be misleading sometimes...Don't judge the quality of a hotel just be the way it...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the appearance and our kitchens; however, we apologize that the issues didn't get resolved a in a timely manner . Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will continue training and address issues as soon as they arise to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mdl@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Batavia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed 3 nites @ this property. .The entire staff including the manager were Great. They know what hospitality means.This is a nice quiet location in a corp. park. The staff & and guests I will add make you feel like this is your HOME. You can eat in or eat out as all rooms are mini eff. suites, Freg,micro stove coffee, dish washer in each unit. laundry can be done on site. At check in a nice basket is presented as you might have forgotten some thing. Also I will add the GRAB & GO breakfast is Great. I am a smoker and they HAVE SMOKING ROOMS, I entered the room and no smoke could be found in the air, this means housekeeping does their job.I stayed @ this site and will stay again because the value is exceptional. Jamison, Susan Jennifer keep up the good work..Also this hotel is pet friendly.

Room Tip: Close to every thing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Pamela - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able create that "home away from home" feeling. As well, it is great that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast as well as our entire staff. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff here is top notch, they went really out of their way to transfer my reservation from another property because of my mistake in making the reservation, which saved me a drive across town, then gave me a discount !!!
This is a tidy property close to everything in Southside Richmond, a great place with reasonable prices.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Bill - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that we were able to transfer your reservation to our hotel, which made your stay more convenient. As well, I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean and enjoyed our location.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here while waiting for the construction of our home to be completed. We originally planned on being here two weeks, however it turned into two months as weather and construction delays kept us from moving in. Jamison and Jennifer have both been exceptionally helpful, courteous, and professional during our stay here. To be honest, from housekeeping to management the staff has been phenomenal. The hotel itself is in close proximity to everything you may need, from grocery stores and restaurants, the gym and a mall. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, with large windows allowing tons of natural light and fresh air. We will definitely recommend this hotel to people we know, and would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It is really wonderful to read that our staff was able to make you feel at home while you waited on yours to be complete, especially Jamison and Jennifer. I am very proud of the team for offering such great customer service to you and your Wife. It will be rewarding to share your comments with the entire team.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
New Carrollton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Extended Stay America hotel. Its an awesome deal for the cost. Location is great-less than 15 min drive to downtown. I ended up adding an additional night to my stay. Did not get a decent price through priceline, but PAM (front desk) worked it out for me. I am extremely grateful. During checkout, the General Manager, Mike, seemed truly interested in my stay and was very nice. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Room was stocked with microwave, fridge and stove. A car is needed, as this location is not near pu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about the hotel and our location. As well, I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and the amenities we offer.

Been to Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum? Share your experiences!