“very good Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   241 Arboretum Place, Richmond, VA 23236 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Richmond - Midlothian)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #44 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Richmond, Virginia
“very good Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Thank you Jennifer Doing a excellent job at the frontdesks and Wateed manager and De'nel weekend and Shamika and Jade for house keeping. Please keep up the good work me and my family will be back to stay at the Homestead Studio Suites

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so thankful for Jennifer, Waleed, De'Neal, Shamika and Jade, to provide that "Home Away From Home" experience for you. Thank you again for your review. We all look forward to seeing you again, when your travels bring you back to our area.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I use hotels regularly in my line of work and had been doing so for 5 strait months. I had a situation with a pet in the family who had just undergone cancer surgery. His mom was out of the country and I had to find a pet friendly hotel for a few weeks to care for him during recovery. I was not expecting such excellent service nor I was expecting them to show such compasion for my pet. There was scheduled fire system test one day and they did not even start the test until I could get back to the hotel so I could be there to prevent him from being completely horrified. They had even given us a room with an extra window so he could look out and get more light and it was on the end of the building with less noise to reduce the risk of him being disturbed. I was truly impressed and would use them again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we were able to make you and your pet feel at home. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is filthy and had bedbugs in 5 rooms . We checked in to find our room had them . They tryed to move us and we saw all the others did as well. So we quickly checked out. They charged our account twice causing our account to almost be over drawn ( we had paid for a week) . Worse hotel ever do not go there. Animals everwhere stinch of food from other guest. Nasty nasty

• Stayed September 2012
brish0213, Owner at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Richmond - Midlothian . Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Goldsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I truly enjoyed this vacation. My husband had to come to Richmond, Virginia for a week to receive some special training. I have to admit we where a little reluctant since we had stayed an extended stay hotel before. But we had to watch our spending and needed a place that we could prepare our own meals and every thing was convenient. So, eating out was just that, out of the question. So, we took a chance on Homestead Studio and Suites. Apparently they have upgraded somewhat, we where not expecting it to be like the Marriott or the Hyatt, but we got more than we expected. It was pleasant, and quite and clean. The room was clean, excluding the normal wear and tear, I wear slides, even at home, so my socks where clean. LOL. I was able to cook daily meals for my husband, and relax, and take a shower in a clean bathroom, and that is what Homestead provided. Now the kitchen could use a few more pots and pans, some serving bowls, and platters, Oh! And an oven! Then it could be called fully equipped, :). But I was able to adjust. Any other thing we need within reason, we ask for and were provided with it. The staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating, the young lady that checked us in and checked us out De N_ _ _ _, and the young lady that cleaned our room. Ja_ _. : ), where two phenomenal in the way they interact with the guest, at least my husband and I thought so. We are very picky about where we stay, and if Homestead Studio Suites continue to make changes, or keep their present standards, YES! We would stay again, and again, and again!!

Room Tip: room 110. : ) Room on the first floor if you are not a smoker. Our room was facing the a wooded ar...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
: I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Richmond - Midlothian . Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed here for several weeks. My room was so dirty my socks turned black walking around the room. Worse than this was the Fly infestation and having to spray my room every single day to kill them all, having themland in my face, etc. The carpet in the hallway was so dirty that I actually thought about paying to have the hallway cleaned myself. Worse however was the morning I headed off to work and when I opened my door to head down the hallway, there was dog crap all the way down the hallway.

Cheap is Cheap, BUT NASTY IS NASTY and I would never stay here again....

Nasty....

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
: Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Richmond - Midlothian . Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All our common areas and rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Avoid. Not terrible but I would avoid. I felt a little unsafe there. The location was convenient but the nearby Hyatt Pace would have been a better choice for a business woman traveling alone. It had friendly staff in the lobby as opposed to a weird lonely guy at the desk at the Homestead Studio Sites, and a nice breakfast, plus a selection of attractive, edible food available at any hour

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this review, September 6, 2012

I am grateful for this opportunity to respond to your remarks. Please believe that our hotel has a firm commitment to professional and warm guest service. We strive to teach our staff to be appropriate in both appearance, in addition to our hotels appearance. Clearly, there was a break down in our training in your situation, so I have brought your concerns directly to the attention of each of our employees so that we can prevent a recurrence of the incident you had.

Rochester, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Hotel was in a convenient location for our needs. I would have gladly given a higher rating except our daughter had left behind an item in the room and after several calls, including one call which seemed they had the item, after two more calls on our behalf to follow up we were told they did not have the item. We found this VERY disappointing and upsetting since we know the item was left there. Unfortunately, they have lost any future business from us.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum? Share your experiences!