“Far better than I expected for the price” 5 of 5 stars

Airport Inn Motel Richmond
5121 S. Laburnum Ave, Richmond, VA 23231   |
Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Greenville, North Carolina
“Far better than I expected for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I chose this motel because I was looking for inexpensive, but decent. Every other inexpensive hotel/motel in Richmond has terrible reviews, and this motel only had one review, but it sounded legitimate, and they said the rooms were nice and clean. I didn't care about the breakfast, because if you're going to get a somewhat decent breakfast at a hotel, you need to be up over $75/night MINIMUM anyway, and I'd rather spend that extra $20 at a restaurant for a good breakfast.

Upon arriving, I asked for a single queen non-smoking, but they only had a king non-smoking left, so I took that. It was about $56 after tax. When I entered the room, I was very surprised at the cleanliness and quality of the room. I don't know if this room was recently renovated (I had room 114), but everything was clean, nothing looked worn out, the room had a pleasant smell (not scented, but also not musty or old-smelling). The carpet was clean, felt clean on my feet and looked fresh, all the furniture looked fresh, the bed was comfortable and the pillows were actually firm! The sink and bathroom were clean, nothing looked worn out. I didn't try the tv, but the wifi worked fine, the a/c worked great, and changed the temperature fast! The shower had great water pressure, and I didn't have any issues with temperature. There was not a single bug, dead or alive, to be seen anywhere, which is a big thing for me. I cannot comment on the breakfast, as I didn't even go see what they had. The man that helped me at the front desk was very helpful and courteous, and even allowed me to leave my motorcycle parked in front of the office for the day after I checked out, while I went into Richmond with a friend.

Overall, I'm VERY pleased with this motel, and I would stay here again. My two cents: save your money and stay here, use the money you saved to go get a good breakfast!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We passed through for the evening an liked the "vintage" look of the hotel. Rooms nice, clean and within limits. Area good and close to airport though not in walking distance. The Continental breakfast consists of 5 or 6 packages of ill' Debbie doughnuts near the coffee pot so that's a joke, but other than that no complaints and price good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Airport Inn Motel Richmond? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Airport Inn Motel Richmond

Address: 5121 S. Laburnum Ave, Richmond, VA 23231
Location: United States > Virginia > Richmond
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
This Magnuson Hotels affiliate is located near the Virginia State Capitol, Edgar Allan Poe Museum, Virginia Commonwealth University, University of Richmond Downtown, Richmond Convention Center, Cobblestones Waterpark and Kings Dominion. The Airport Inn Motel offers guests free high-speed wireless Internet access, Continental breakfast served from 6:30 am to 9:30 am, free parking with room for large vehicles and fax/copy service. Unfortunately, pets are not accepted at this location. Guest rooms may offer free high-speed wireless Internet access, coffee maker, cable TV with extra stations, hair dryer, iron/board, microwave, mini-fridge, free local calls, air conditioning, alarm clock, electronic door locks and wake-up service. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Airport Inn Motel Richmond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Airport Inn Motel Richmond, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.