“A great Tapas Bar -” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Europa Italian Cafe & Tapas Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 14th and Cary Streets
Description: Europa now celebrating its 10th anniversary, has just completed a major face lift. The décor is simple and sophisticated; the atmosphere is casual and modern. There is a new private dining room on the entry floor that can accommodate seated dinners for up to 36 guests. The downstairs lounge and dining room also has all new furnishings and makes a perfect setting for larger private functions. The menu focuses on Italian and Spanish specialties. There are more than 30 small plates to choose from. Select one for an appetizer or make a meal out of a few. Entrees include a variety of Italian classics focusing on fresh seafood, hearty meat dishes and delicious pastas. Don’t miss our weekly specials including Tapas night on Sunday, with ½ off tapas all night. Go to our web site for more great weekly specials. Dinner begins at 5:00 nightly and free parking is available. Reservations are recommended.
Fairfax, Virginia
“A great Tapas Bar -”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Get there before 7pm and the wine is only $4 a glass - service is great - food is excellent and plentiful. The selection is good

Visited January 2012

70% Recommend
Vienna, Virginia
“SUCH A HYPE!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

It's only worth going for happy hour (beftre six). The last time we went there was 6:05 pm on Wed. and we ordered 2 glass of wine ($4 each), one skewer of meat (3 small pieces total size of a dollar bill length wise and raw), one chicken croqet (3 small pieces), and their appetizer special of oysters (3 small peices not cooked enough) and our bill came to $59.00.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Going downhill...do not eat here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I've been a frequent patron of Europe for the last 4 years, but my last two visits were horrible. I ordered the seafood paella (which I've had several times before) and it was horribly overcooked. Normally, I would've sent the dish back but I had already waited 45 minutes for my food and it was getting close to 8:15pm. The clams and mussels were so dry I couldn't get them out of the shell. The fish was so overcooked that at first I thought it was pork. It had a dark reddish color and was very dry. The rice was both mushy and burnt (around the edges) all at the same time. The best part of my dish was the peppers and onions. My sister ordered calamari and had just 6 edible pieces. The rest of her dish resembled scraps that were thrown in to give the plate some fluff. My mom ordered the filet mignon, which was covered in a greasy and salty barbecue sauce similar to something that you could eat at Applebee's. The food is overpriced and not cooked well. Also, every time I return to Europa I find the prices have increased, but the portions are getting smaller. I advise against eating at this place. The decor is nice, but the food is not up to par. This was once my favorite restaurant, but I plan on never going back.

• Visited January 2012

Excellent tapas options. Decent prices. Great location in Shockoe

Baltimore
“A delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

We dined here with a large group of people in from all over the East Coast. Our waitress was GREAT; kind, funny and patient with multiple orders and checks. All the food that we tasted was delicious and fresh. My husband and I frequently eat at international and tapas resturants and this was right up with the best we have had. The bacon wrapped dates were, as others have commented, awesome and the pizzas and shrimp dishes were crave-worthy. I wish Europa was not a 3 hour drive because I would surely be there every weekend if it were closer.

• Visited October 2011