“Fresh and delicious donuts!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Donuts
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Ohio
“Fresh and delicious donuts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have spent the last 25 years buying donuts at Country Style. Even though I currently don't live in Richmond I buy donuts there every time I'm home for a visit. I am looking forward to the day I live there again and can stop in at my favorite donut shop anytime!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mechanicsville, Virginia
“WOW! Did not disappoint!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My son and I stopped by here today, after seeing how high it ranked on the restaurants in the area. When we first pulled in the parking lot I was amazed how many cars there were -- it was just about lunch time! Upon entering, its like stepping back in time to the early 1970s bakeries I grew up with in NYC. Not the cleanest place, but kind of cute. Even at noon, there were still a decent amount of variety left -- we chose 2 simple glazed donuts, a bag of 12 donut holes to share with Dad back home, a chocolate milk and a soda -- all for $6.50. Pretty good bargain I thought. These donuts are HUGE!!! We could have had one and split it -- but Oh My Goodness, they were really delicious!! We decided that they may have even been on the beginning of getting stale -- and still we devoured them!! They were messy, finger-licking awesome!! There is a small window to watch the donut maker, which was fun also. I think in another area, with a cleaner store -- this place could be simply Amazing!!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is our new favorite place!!! Doughnuts are wonderful and the prices are competitive. Rumor has it that they are opening another shop on the West End.

Brownsburg, Indiana
“Old school donut shop with better than average donuts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I love our donuts, so when on vacation, we usually stop a few places for a sampling of local product. Country Style Doughnuts turned out to be a good, but not quite great, donut stop on our recent trip. The donuts are huge and very tasty, but not quite as light as I usually like. They were fairly dense and heavy. The shop itself is nothing to look at -- it could use a fresh coat of paint and some general cleaning, but it did have an old school coffee shop ambiance. If in the area, we would stop again, but I wouldn't say it's the best donut in the world.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colonial Heights, Virginia
“Best donuts ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Skip the big chains. This place makes the best donuts on earth, possibly even beyond. Service with a smile, reasonable prices, this is the whole package. I wish there was one closer to Colonial Heights, the drive to the east end is long. But it is so worth it, I never get my donut fix anywhere else. If you buy donuts based on flavor and quality, you get em here. I've been getting my donuts here for 25 years. If you want to do what everyone says is "cool," you go right on back to those other 2 places.

• Visited June 2014