“EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 stars

(804) 360-8686
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Anokha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,374 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Danville, Virginia
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Four of us had lunch at Anokha and it was all around excellent...the service, ambiance and the food. The food was very fresh, elegantly spiced and not overcooked. We have had Indian food around the world from Singapore to India to the UK and we highly recommend.

• Visited February 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“Indian Food at its very best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Having lived in London England, where Indian Restaurants have a reputation for being some of the "best in the world" I can honestly say that Anokha holds its own and belongs in this same category for the best Indian Food. I have eaten there at least 8 times already and have introduced many of my friends to this restaurant. The food is Excellent I have tried the Tandoori chicken, Chicken saffron and many of their dishes but my favorite is chicken Tikka masala.The chef really knows his spices,its making me hungry just thinking about it.Located across from Short pump town center on Lauderdale drive, the restaurant is easy to find with lots of parking. My son always asks for his food to be " extra hot" and usually no restaurant seems to live up to his expectations..haha beware if "extra hot" is what you ask for here..you had better be ready with lots of water. Having said that if you only like your food to be mildly spicy ..you only need request it.You will get what you ask for. Reservations are recommended as the restaurant is always packed.The combination of the excellent food, ( at a very reasonable price)the very friendly waiters and did I mention the ambience....do yourself a favor, if you like Indian food ..... you really need to make this restaurant your next stop.

• Visited January 2014
Richmond, United States
“Not up to the mark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had my new year lunch here in Anokha. I had Chicken Tikka Masala,Naan & Jira Rice. Though the Nan & rice were fine but I was quite disapointed with the chicken item. So the overall experience was not that good. Though people can give it a try if they want to take the taste of Indian cuisine.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Best Indian restaurant in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place has been our favorite India restaurant in town. It is reasonably priced with excellent service. Convinently located right across from the Short Pump town center. Excellent food. It is highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
Virginia
“My go-to place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I love coming here for lunch. Their lunch menu includes a choice of soup or salad to start and a complimentary side dish, dessert and naan with your meal. I frequently get the palak paneer, but have enjoyed everything I've had. I always have enough left for a second meal, but I'm not a heavy eater. The location has ample parking and the restaurant is not too loud. Service is quick and they spice your food to your requested level of heat.

• Visited September 2013