“My go-to place for lunch” 5 of 5 stars

(804) 360-8686
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Anokha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,373 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Virginia
“My go-to place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I love coming here for lunch. Their lunch menu includes a choice of soup or salad to start and a complimentary side dish, dessert and naan with your meal. I frequently get the palak paneer, but have enjoyed everything I've had. I always have enough left for a second meal, but I'm not a heavy eater. The location has ample parking and the restaurant is not too loud. Service is quick and they spice your food to your requested level of heat.

• Visited September 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Richmond's better Indian restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Although none of the Indian restaurants are really good in Richmond area, Anokha is the better and reasonably priced of them all. The food tastes pretty decent and the quantity is also acceptable. As for service, it tends to appear slight slow and some waiters may not be very friendly. One other grudge I have which I did point out the the owner as well was around the fact of offering wheat roti/chapati options for lunch instead of just having nan as the only option.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Fabulous Indian Food in Short Pump”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

An unassuming location surprises you with white tablecloth Indian food. Well staffed (overstaffed??), and across the street from the Short Pump Towne Center. The crab curry is the best dish I've ever eaten. Full of crab and seasonings, I could eat it everyday. Other dishes had equally good flavor and the staff is helpful with recommendations and adjustments to the spice level. Portions are share-worthy as are the extras of naan. They also offer takeout (which can be noticeable since the register is right near the front door and it can't get chilly in the winter with the door opening). There is also an outdoor seating area adjacent to the parking lot.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Suffolk, Virginia
“The BEST Indian food we've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband found this place via Trip Advisor & Yelp. The reviews were true (at least the good ones).
We're originally from Portland, OR where we can get every kind of food we want & THIS place is fantastic. I'd recommend the lentil soup which was extremely flavorful with a nice warmth that builds in your mouth. The tandoori sampler is a perfect way to try chicken 2 delicious & tender ways as well as lamb 1 style.
The Kucumber salad was the perfect compliment to the meat.
We also had the mango lassie & chai tea & ended with Kheer (rice pudding). Nothing disappointed us!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Virginia
“Fine dining for a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was the second time I had lunch at Anokha and I was even more impressed than the first. Service is very prompt, with water provided immediately upon sitting down. The waiter appeared as soon as I closed my menu and took my order. They have a nice wine list with 6 choices of white and red wines, as well as beer and cocktail choices. Lunch starts immediately after ordering with a nicely dressed salad of mixed greens and vegetables, or if one prefers, the soup of the day. I had the Patia, medium hot, for my entree. I paired this with a nice chardonnay. The entree arrived with basmati rice, a side dish of peas and potato, and naan. This dish is a slightly fruity/ginger curry, with just enough heat to keep it interesting. Lunch was finished with a nice dish of mango pudding. All of this was included in the price of the entree. All together lunch and my glass of wine were under $20.00. And of course I had a enough to bring home for a late night snack tonight. If dinner is as good as lunch, it would be a great place to bring out of town guests.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere